All toran's Comments

Outcast Trailer (Article) - 1/18/2015 6:38:54 AM

monkeyfoot

The thing is that both Last Samuri and 47 Ronin are both based on actual events. Now I do believe its okay for filmakers to tweek and alter some facts for artistic purposes in order to tell a better story. Happens all the time. But putting white actors as the leads in these stories is done not for artistic but for marketing purposes.  Ridley Scott himself admitted when defending the casting of Exodus that he doubted he could get financing for the film if he didn't have a famous white actor in the lead. The reason why is because studios don't believe they can capitalise on the North American market unless white audiences have a white face they can connect with.

The silver lining in all this is that Hollywood also wants to court the Chinese market in a major way. So hopefully this will lead to more Asian actors being employed and perhaps, attaining A-list status. Then  we won't need Cage, Cruise and Reeves to hold white audiences hand when a film is set in a Far Eastern country.

Outcast Trailer (Article) - 1/16/2015 4:38:51 PM

Oh great! Another Hollywood movie where a white hero has to come and rescue a whole country of Asian people. Just like the last samurai and 47 ronin. This kind of idiotic whitewashing is getting REALLY old.

Masters of the Universe Script Completed (Article) - 1/5/2015 1:17:29 PM

Even as a kid, I could never understand why no one could figure out Prince Adam and He Man were the same guy.  I mean really, all it takes is a little tanning oil?

Jurassic World Trailer for Superbowl XLIX (Article) - 1/5/2015 1:05:00 PM

If an Age of Ultron ad airs during the Super Bowl I'll be very suprised. If Marvel did that it would be a waste of money. Everybody knows the film is coming out. The buzz is already buzzing. The Marvel Studios logo alone is enough to get people to take notice. Hell, they got an entire television network to help promote the film.

The last Jurassic Park movie, on the other hand, came out in 2001 to a mediocre reception.  Jurassic World needs the boost. Alot.

2015: The Year of Back to the Future Part 2 (Article) - 12/31/2014 1:43:10 PM

"But where are the flying cars?!  I was promised flying car!"    (Old commerical featuring voiceover by ST:DS9 Captain Avery Brooks)

Inside Out Trailer 2 UK - Official Disney Pixar (Article) - 12/10/2014 1:17:03 PM

So basically an animated version of Herman's Head. (Still miss that show)  Hmmmmm...Solid concept. Could be a lot of fun.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer! (Article) - 11/29/2014 6:45:10 AM

As far as the ships are concerned violatorr, I'm sur your right. Abrams is obviously trying do some things that we haven't seen before and that's commendable. I'm still not sure that Abrams is right for this. It's not that he's a bad director. He's directed some decent movies, though I find his "mystery box" approach to marketing rather annoying. But he has never blown my socks off. And I  don't think he's the wunderkind protege that so many in Hollywood thinks he is.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I want to be. Truly. Because I love Star Wars very much. Maybe he is the right guy at the right time.  What's in the teaser is certainty interesting. As always, time will tell.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer! (Article) - 11/28/2014 8:48:08 PM

I do have a concern about this. I mean Abrams does understand that......u know........ spaceships do fly in.......um.......SPACE.......right?   I mean x wings are not jet ski's and the falcon is not a dune buggy. Right? But I was relieved about one thing: a shot of a lightsaber igniting and  it didn't come with a lens flare. If that holds true for the rest of the movie I'll be very happy.

Evil Dead Series Titled: ASH VS. EVIL DEAD (Article) - 11/11/2014 11:24:44 AM

Twin Peaks making a comeback now THIS??!!?!

All is right with the world!

Marvel Live Event Dropped Major Bombs! (Article) - 10/28/2014 8:01:47 PM

Cool, thanks Wiseguy.  Hope she''s sporting the black outfit with the red sash.  It works on soooooo many levels.

TORAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA