All toran's Comments

Mania Box Office Report: Bell tolls Annabelle (Article) - 10/6/2014 10:54:01 AM

Violatorr

I think you mean Will Smith's I, Robot.   AI was that weird movie with the kid from 6th Sense.

Crouching Tiger Sequel arrives on Netflix and IMAX? (Article) - 9/30/2014 5:06:02 PM

Well millean, it's filmed in Chinese so if you have an issue with foreign language films it might not be for you. That said,  the cinematography  is gorgeous,  the action scenes are breathtaking, and the acting is terrific. It has a slower pace than typical US action movies mostly because it's trying to tell an emotional story and the stakes are personal rather than grandiose.  I don't usually watch kungfu movies, but this one is part of my dvd collection all the same. It's worth a try.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer with Interstellar? (Article) - 9/29/2014 9:42:33 AM

You're right halfbloodprincess.  A better analogy might be Kill Bill.  That was one film subdivided into because, well, its Tarantino. What are you going to do?

Marvel runs a tight ship.  And we've gotten no indication this is some out-of-control production. This rumor feels like crap, really.  They may not tie everything up in a bow, but Whedon is on record saying he hates films that don't have a proper ending (including Empire Strikes Back!). So no, its just rumor. No lick of truth to it.

Agents of SHIELD Clip from "Heavy Is the Head" (Article) - 9/26/2014 4:44:34 PM

They established last season Triplet as a shield specialist can fly jets. May isn't the only pilot on the show.

Marvel%u2019s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Shadows Review (Article) - 9/24/2014 11:35:55 AM

Hate to nitpick Janson, but at the begining of the article you say Sharon Carter shows up. Its Peggy Carter. I know, its easy to get them confused.

I loved the episode. The dynamic of the group has changed.  The new characters look interesting.  They did a REAL good job with Crusher Creel. Better than I expected.  Can't wait for next week.

POPEYE Teaser Trailer (Article) - 9/20/2014 5:57:34 PM

It's not suprising most people don't know Eugene the Jeep.  He was featured more in the comic strips.  I don't know if he ever showed up in the cartoons. Obviously he wasn't in the Altman movie. But he's cute.

And I'm glad someone is doing something with Popeye. I don't think I could take it if he was allowed to fade into obscurity.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron Official Plot Synopsis Released (Article) - 9/17/2014 8:56:25 AM

Ah, blanck. I detect a bit of snark in your comment. Yeah, saving the world is a bit cliche especially in superhero films. But if it makes you feel any better, Avengers 3 will probably be about saving THE UNIVERSE if it involves Thanos.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Article) - 9/10/2014 2:02:28 PM

Got two problems with this DVD.

1. No one shot?  Seriously!?!?

2. Do not like picture of Cap on the cover. Really, all he has to do is squint one eye and put a cob pipe in his mouth and he'd be a dead ringer for Popeye the sailor man.  Fortunatly, the movie itself makes up for all of that.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Back on Top (Article) - 8/25/2014 7:53:25 AM

I feel pretty sure SC2 will make its money back and then some. If the budget is close to the original which was 40mil, then they got a lot shorter hill to climb. With dvd sales and foreign sales I'm sure they'll still end up in the the black. Rodriguez makes his movies fairly cheaply (comparatively speaking). That's why he has the creative freedom he has when making his films.

NEW Guardians of the Galaxy - TV Spot (Article) - 6/5/2014 6:30:20 PM

I'm going to resist temptation and avoid looking at any more footage. After all, seeing the film is a forgone conclusion for me. I am curious though as to why they are keeping yondu under wraps. Anyone have any thoughts?

TORAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA