All toran's Comments

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Clip: End of the Beginning (Article) - 3/28/2014 3:52:30 PM

Coulson is wearing body armor. Its just under his jacket.

Captain America The Winter Soldier Clip - Good Vs Bad Clip (Article) - 3/18/2014 9:53:59 AM

Must.........resist........................MUST.......RESIST!!!!!!!!!!

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - LIVE Red Carpet Event (Article) - 3/14/2014 2:03:49 PM

Um, freestrike. You are kidding aren't you? Falcon is black in the comics. Always has.

Mania Box Office Report: NON-STOP to the TOP (Article) - 3/4/2014 6:55:29 AM

thank you, utlrazilla2000. That is what I'm trying to say.

Look Wiseguy, You have your opinion. I have mine. Lets just agree to disagree.  In the end its just another movie in a long string of movies about the life of Christ that has been done far better than this one. And people do have a right to spend their money however they want. Just forgive me if I cast a sideways glance at the people who made this particular film.

Mania Box Office Report: NON-STOP to the TOP (Article) - 3/3/2014 2:49:38 PM

Wisebuy,  I don't really find it offensive. Making money has always been the edict of Hollywood. Its just in this particular case I find it more than a little crass and hypocritcal to make such a naked cash grab when it's going completly in the opposite direction of the message the producers are obviously trying to make. And when you see Star Wars or Titanic its for entertainment value. I don't know. Maybe I  really am way off base here. But if you're toying around with people's faith in a higher power, shouldn't you at least TRY to be a bit more respectful?

In the end, of course it doesn't matter what I think. The producers are gonna make millions and the world going to keep spinning. I just felt it necessary to call this out for what it is.

The Spring of '84: This is Spinal Tap (Article) - 3/3/2014 11:30:24 AM

I am 95% certain that you are joking ObiWannaJones.  However, the 5% that isn't is making me want to throw up.

Mania Box Office Report: NON-STOP to the TOP (Article) - 3/3/2014 10:59:06 AM

Ugh, don't like the fact that Son of God made so much money.  Its not that I have anything against Christianty or those who follow its tenents. But the fact that that film was literally cobbled together from the last 1/3 of a History Channel mini-series that already made tons of money in terms of ratings and DVD sales, this just comes off as the makers manipulating the faith of others so they can make one more cynical cash grab.  And I can think of at least one, very well known historical figure who had some pretty strong opinions on that subject.

The NEW Fantastic Four Cast! (Article) - 2/21/2014 12:38:09 PM

You know I think getting bunched up about Johnny and Sue's different skin tones is more than a little unnecesary.  I mean a white parent and a black parent can have both a white and black child.  It can happen.

So really, in order to solve this huge *break* in continuty, all  they have to do is put in one shot of say, a wedding picture of Johnny's and Susan's parents establishing that one is black, the other is white.  Bing-bang-boom. Done. Lets get on with the story.

And lets take a step back for second here. We can all suspend our disblief that a man can Flame On and shoot fireballs while a woman can turn invisible and create force fields. But the idea that two siblings have different skin tones,  oh thats just a bridge too far,  no way I can buy into a story with that in it.

NEW Guardians of the Galaxy Character Profiles and Poster (Article) - 2/20/2014 8:13:39 PM

Tell you more hanso?

Well, if you want to get into the origins of the little guy it really all started centuries ago when a planet now called Halfworld located in the Keystone Quadrent was colonised by a humaniod race for the purpose of turning into an insane asylum. (If you look at the graphic display in the trailer it does say Halfworld is RR's planet of origin).  Apparently funding was cut off for the ayslum and the founders or "shrinks" had to return home, leaving robots behind to take care of their patients.  However the robots became sentient and didn't want to take care of the "loonies" anymore.  So they genetically modified the patient's pet animals to be intelligent and well, anthropomorphic so they could take care of them.  The robots moved to the other side of the planet and engaged in heavy industrilaztion in order to build a large starship while the animals and patients (or loonies)  lived on the other side.

Centuries later, no one remembered the true origin of how they all came to be there. The only record left behind by the shrinks was an indeciperable book called Gideons Bible (a reference to the Beatles song, Rocky Raccoon) .  Rocket Raccoon was the principle lawman (or lawraccoon) of Halfworld protecting the loonies from rogue robots and the principal villians, Judson Jakes and Lord Dyvyne (a lizard).

Long story short, Gideon's Bible is decipered revealing not only the origin of halfword but also a cure for the loonies mental illness. Jakes and Dyvyne are killed during an all out war to control the toy industry on Halfworld. The loonies are cured and since they fufilled their obligation to them, the talking animals of Halfworld (including Rocket) leave in the robots massive starship to seek their destiny among the stars.

Now how Rocket joins the Guardians of the Galaxy is a whole other story and you can read that on Marvel Wiki if you want.   But yeah, there you have it. A primer on everyone's favorite space raccoon.

NEW Guardians of the Galaxy Character Profiles and Poster (Article) - 2/20/2014 2:24:10 PM

To all those who are saying that this film is going to be too silly, I would say that going all Dark Knight on this kind of material would be a huge mistake. I feel I can say that because I.......................AM A ROCKET RACCOON FAN!!!!!! Yeah! That's right! I said it!  DEAL WITH IT!

I loved Rocket (Rocky to his friends) when he was re-introduced into the Marvel U in The Incredible Hulk #271. It was much later when I discovered that the character was in part inspired by a Beatles song (really, look it up.) I bought every issue of his limited series.  I was transfixed while he fought in the Toy  War, protecting the "loonies" of Halfworld from the evil machinations of Judson Jakes (a mole)  with his girlfriend Lylla (an otter) and best friend Wal Russ (a walrus.........hmmmm, maybe another Beatles reference there) by his side.

Yeah, back when I was collecting I went through a phase where I was buying comics featuring talking animals as superheroes.  I even bought DC's Captain Carrot And His Amazing Zoo Crew (DON'T JUDGE ME!!!).

The point is  the source material is certainly lighthearted.   And there is a place between the Dark Knight and Adam West's silk panties. No harm in having a superhero film that makes you crack a smile.

TORAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA