All twinbing's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

Nice to Naughty: Genre Characters Getting Coal in Their Stockings (Article) - 12/23/2010 8:05:52 AM

I'm with Lusiphur. How the hell are Michael Corleone and Verbal Kint genre characters?! That's about as stupid as the Sy-Fy Channel airing pro-wrestling and airing movies like Bravehart and Apollo 13.

Full TRUE GRIT Trailer (Article) - 10/6/2010 4:19:55 AM

Mania covers the best in science fiction and True Grit was one of the finest science fiction films ever made.  Oh wait. It's a Western.

Police Academy Remake Coming (Article) - 3/5/2010 11:39:43 AM

Mania covers science fiction, fantasy, and horror films and shows.  Uhm. Excactly how does Police Academy fit into this?

10 Blockbusters That Sucked (Article) - 2/26/2010 4:14:47 AM

How could they leave out Superman III or Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on that list?

Mania Interview with Legion's Paul Bettany (Article) - 1/21/2010 2:35:55 PM

It has religious similarities. Blatty wrote the book Legion. He directed Exorcist III, which is based on his book. The trailer even mentions the word "exorcism". And it has the same exact scene of the old woman crawling up the wall. Yeah. Movies have reused scenes forever (so much for originality), but that's ONE HELL of a coincidence, to use the same exact scene in two movies based on stories called "Legion". HMMMMMM.

If it has nothing to do with Blatty's book, then I won't waste my time on it. The trailer doesn't look interesting by any means. Just a bunch of angel bordem.  And I don't hear a lot of people buzzing about it. It'll end up on the DVD discount shelf pretty quickly. Mark my words.

Mania Interview with Legion's Paul Bettany (Article) - 1/21/2010 4:25:38 AM

Is Legion a remake of Exorcist III?  I can't get any information on this anywhere. No articles or interviews ANYWHERE. I'd think William Peter Blatty would at least be interviewed about this. Because he wrote the book and directed E3. The scene in the trailer of the old woman turing evil and walking up the wall on all fours happened in E3. So it could be a remake, but I'd at least think SOMEONE out there would confirm this.

6 Rules for Rebooting a Star Trek TV Show (Article) - 12/7/2009 4:09:50 AM

This list starts off by saying "As much as we completely loved the new Star Trek movie that J.J. Abrams used to reboot the franchise...".  Who's "we"?  No Trek film has divided fans more than Abrams' version of Star Trek.  This fan completely *hated* STINO (Star Trek In Name Only).

Khan Sequel Rumors Persist (Article) - 11/18/2009 3:05:38 PM

Uhm. Last I checked, Khan wasn't a white guy.

4 Movies That Ripped Off Twilight Zone Episodes (Article) - 11/6/2009 4:16:48 AM

Only 4? They sure missed a few. The late-70's movie "Magic" about a ventriloquist (Anthony Hopkins) who's dummy tells him to kill was ripped off from an early episode of TZ.  The current movie "The Box" was an episode of the 80's version of TZ.  If it wasn't so early in the morning, I could think of more examples.

First 8 Minutes of V (Article) - 10/26/2009 2:46:50 PM

I'm not a big fan of remakes. Especially since the new Star Trek pathetically sucked. I was a fan of the original V miniseries, but when they went to TV series, it sucked badly. But I think any attempt at reimagining V might be a good thing. This new V has absolutely none of the original characters. The TOS lead alien was named Diana, but in this one, it's Anna. So, it seems that the only character remaining from TOS is the last syllable of Diana's name.

The first 8 minutes look good. But then, I'll watch anything with Elizabeth Mitchell in it. Yum yum.

TWINBING'S MANIACAL PERSONA