All velgron's Comments

Cuaron Vs. Del Toro (Article) - 2/18/2010 5:27:44 AM

I would also add the storytelling style in to the match. Del Toro has a style similar to the short story, where it goes straight to the conflict and does not deviate; every action is related to the resolution of the conflict. (El laberinto del fauno, Hellboy,... any of his movies)

Cuaron’s style is then similar to the novel, where several conflicts are weaved together.  Additional characters and their conflicts are included, sometimes not even related to the resolution of the main conflict. This may pay off (Children of Men) or fail (Great Expectations)

For film I prefer the Del Toro’s approach, short and to the point. I say give Del Toro the all star MVP as well.

Redband CRAZIES Clip Online (Article) - 2/17/2010 11:57:08 AM

Me likey!

True Blood: Scratches Review (Article) - 7/3/2009 8:59:14 AM

In Dallas Sookie is supposed to get into the Fellowship's headquarters in order to find the missing vamp... it will be interesting that now her brother is involved with them.  Also, she is suposed to meet a Werewolf (not a werewolf).

In the books they define "Weres" as being born that way, with shapeshifting to the actual animal (wolf, tiger, collie...). The "weres" are defined as humans that are turned into a shifter (usually by constant bitting of the victim), they are only able to shift as half human half animal (something like Underworld's Michael Corvin).

I hope they don't kill Lafayette, that character is superbly written and played.

TRUE BLOOD: Strange Love (Article) - 9/9/2008 5:41:20 AM

I actually enjoyed the show so far. Could care less for the accent (maybe in that alternate world their accent is different), I was not distracted by it. And just like reading words, if you want to focus deep on something, you have to concentrate (I dont't think that she touched her brother to read his mind, just to concentrate on his deep thoughts). And yes, the exteriors look common, cheap... just like in real life. I hate when landscapes get romanticized. I am hopeful for the series.

Jessica Alba Will Become INVISIBLE (Article) - 9/8/2008 3:36:05 PM

What is this? action? drama? suspense? Sounds like a number 23 meets beautiful mind to me. I agree that Mrs Alba does not have the talent to pull either one by herself. But then again, just put some nudity and the movie will do just fine.

Randall Wallace Penning Will Smith's PHARAOH (Article) - 9/8/2008 3:30:36 PM

Not so much a departure... Hancock was "a god" for some cultures (according to the movie). Still, I always end up watching his films no matter how much I critique. I'm Will's number 1,458,687 fan.

No Commentary on IRON MAN DVD (Article) - 9/8/2008 3:23:34 PM

Disapointing... expected more from Favreau, a brother fan...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/8/2008 3:16:59 PM

There should be a rule stating that each actor can only portray ONE superhero in their lifetime... that way they would choose wisely before becoming "sue storm", or "daredevil"...

TV Wasteland: ABC to Return (Article) - 9/8/2008 9:22:58 AM

True Blood started nicely...I'm just waiting for Dexter and Robot Chicken. Maybe "the return" will be about the Galactica crew after the "return" to earth As for Alien Nation, a damn classic.

INSIDE MAN 2 Green Lit for Universal (Article) - 9/7/2008 5:30:39 PM

I enjoyed Inside Man, but was not "blown" by it. Good performances, long blahish story. Penetration... I mean, Inside Man 2 could have problems working. In the movie a major robbery takes place, but the actual intentions/execution takes place without the movie viewer acknowledge. The "gimmic" is known, so how do you fool your audience twice? Also, Denzel (a great hot actor he is) has too many detectives/investigators in his resume. He should do a silly comedy or something away from his safe zone. I personally loved DeNiro in Stardust, as dumb as that may sound. Why so serious? Make Airplane 3 instead!!!!

VELGRON'S MANIACAL PERSONA