All vichussmith's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/20/2009 11:50:31 AM

Uh, is the Black Lagoon 2 dub that great? I'd have to see it because I can't believe this sweep.

PUNISHER WAR ZONE on DVD (Article) - 3/17/2009 11:14:43 AM

Age: 27

Director: David Mamet

Marvel is in the habit of hiring big names for their movies these days, so why not have Mamet do a punisher film? He's done grim and gritty, and he's done action, so why not take Punisher in a slightly different direction?

Top 10 Anime Christmas Episodes To Watch (Article) - 12/19/2008 7:28:02 AM

<p>&nbsp;Tolyo Godfathers isn't an episode, cheater! The Top List board of directors is going to hear about this one.</p>

Mumbling Kitsune: What's Wrong With the Dragon Ball Live-Action Trailer? (Article) - 12/17/2008 9:53:12 PM

<p>I'm probably the most positive about this movie. Like any other comic book adaptation, changes are made for the sake of adapting a story drawn out of years of continuity to make the movie palpable for a larger audience.  think that if anyone wants to see the young adventures of Goku, that's kinda crazy. . It would work for live action, without a doubt, but there is so much story to tell about young Goku alone. <br /> To accurately tell the story properly, you would need about 6 movies to tel it all. I think that merging the history together is OK. <br /> <br /> However, the wire-fu is giving me pause. I don't imagine that Goku is an agile guy. Goku always seemed like a direct guy, just hand-to-hand fighting rather than using slick acrobatic maneuvers.<br /> <br /> <br /> Also, I HMATBE< the new name of the movie, but I tink that it's to separate the anime/manga from this unknown quantity that could either be its own success or a total disaster. It gives this movie distance from the mega success of Dragonball and Z. Hanso, what you said scaes me. I always think that a bad adaptation keeps people away from something they might have liked. DRagonball isn't shakespeare, but it was a great early anime for most anime fans.

TV Wasteland: Let the LOST and Heroes Comparisons Begin (Article) - 11/13/2008 2:50:16 AM

<p><em>Lost </em>is the better show- period. I am a fan of both, and I have watched every episode of both. <em>Lost </em>is better written and better acted. Heroes' problem is that they did not go beyond their &quot;leaping off the pages of a comic book&quot; premise. They wallowed in what comics have done or are doing, but they didn't bring many fresh ideas to the genre. </p> <p>I have not had nearly as many moments that got me emotional (nearly crying, being shocked, being happy) with <em>Heroes </em>as I did with <em>Lost</em>. My test of whether a show is good or not (besides the writing) is whether the show gets me wrapped up in the story it's telling. Heroes could be telling a great story, but they're just not trying. It's OK&nbsp;for a geek show, to watch people have super powers, but beyond that I feel nothing.</p> <p>I hope that the firing of two people in the Heroes crew means something, because I really want to see <em>Heroes </em>come back, and become better than it ever was.</p>

Adult Swim Bolsters Anime Offerings (Article) - 11/6/2008 6:44:33 PM

<p>It's a step in the right direction. Put the classics and older shows on later and the new shows up first. I'm glad CN didn't abandon anime. </p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I would like multiple showings, though.</p>

Fox Unveils New Trailer for Whedon's DOLLHOUSE (Article) - 11/6/2008 6:33:05 PM

<p>So, by &quot;tweaking,&quot; Whedon meant sexing up the show? This looks like they wanted to focus on straight up action and getting some suggestive sexuality into what Whedon originally wanted to do. I just hope it's good.</p>

Mendes to give voice to PREACHER feature (Article) - 10/31/2008 7:49:52 AM

<p>I would just hope and pray that Preacher is put into good hands and is not bastardized to the point that it's completely neutered and indistiguishable from the book.</p>

Samuel L. Jackson Goes for Glow in THE LAST DRAGON (Article) - 10/31/2008 7:30:32 AM

<p>Was he picked just because he has that crazy looking hair in Frank Miller's version of <em>The Spirit</em>?</p>

Howard calls getting Cheadled the "Surprise of a lifetime" (Article) - 10/19/2008 10:49:46 AM

<p>I feel like protesting this sequel, but I loved<em> Iron Man</em> too much too! How are they going to explain this? Are they just going to act like one black man looks like a totally different looking black man and continue on? I bet when I see this sequel in theaters, there will be a few people who are suprised that Howard is gone. </p> <p>I don't see Cheadle as a guy in an action role. Funny, because that's what people would say about Robert Downey Jr. I know Cheadle's been in that terrorism movie recently, but for me, Cheadle's an actor in dramas, maybe a light comedy. I don't see Cheadle doing the cliche &quot;Whoo hoo&quot; when he puts on that War Machine suit. I think Cheadle's closer to how James Rhodes looks, but he doesn't seem like someone who would put up with Tony Stark's antics.</p> <p>Maybe if I wake up tommorow, everything will go back to the way it was before.</p>

VICHUSSMITH'S MANIACAL PERSONA