All vichussmith's Comments

<<  <  5 6 7 8 9 >  >>

"LOST: Not in Portland" (Article) - 2/9/2007 8:43:06 PM

I think above all that Juliet's flashback was the real meat of this episode. Whatever this company that eventually becomes the Others is, they are SCARY. This was not a strong episode, but that's what happens when a season is broken up. I wonder if we'll ever see the big boss of the others (the guy who appeared in the flashback) and if they explain how powerful the others are. The guy being hit by the bus just came out of nowhere, so to speak. Does the whole baby breaktthrough Juliet perfected mean that Juliet and Claire's lives crossed paths at one point? And who provides the genetic material for women like Juliet's sister to get pregnant? If you look back to one of the Claire focused flashbacks, a woman is frightened at Claire's pregnancy. Is it because Claire's baby is a clone or some sort of virgin birth?

Katie Holmes drops out of "The Dark Knight" (Article) - 1/26/2007 6:08:48 PM

GOOD! All we cared about was her pokey nipples anyway! She wasn't exactly setting the screen on fire with her part in Batman Begins. Who needs her, anyway? The Bruce Wayne character's a playboy, so just hire another pretty face. I guess the Queen Latifah movie's going to get her an Oscar. :) Katie hasn't been relevant since Dawson's Creek. Screw her.

"Prison Break: John Doe" (Article) - 1/26/2007 5:47:49 PM

Wow, Prison Break gets even more unbelievable from episode to episode! With 24 and Prison Break on at the same time, it's the most escapist night on television. How can they even go on trying to prove Linc innocent now? It's all but impossible! They say that all the guys close to this conspiracy had their lives erased, so the only person left is a member of the president's cabinet. Can anyone really get close enough to the White House to attempt to coax out a confession?

"Prison Break: The Killing Box" (Article) - 12/3/2006 5:20:19 PM

I missed the finale, so I might have to check out fox.com and watch it. The story is just so far fetched and impossible that it's great. I thought that 24 was nuts, but this show defies common sense. All these dudes would be dead, save for Michael, who would be in prison for life. Still, I love it. It's true escapism.

HBO Keeps Getting My Money (Article) - 12/3/2006 5:13:38 PM

Buying so many good books are hideously expensive, but luckily library collections of graphic novels are growing. And with preacher coming to HBO and talk of Watchmen becoming a movie, I won't have to collect all this stuff!

Hidden Anime (Article) - 11/25/2006 3:51:35 PM

FF VII had CGI cutscenes. No anime.

Exhaustion Explosion (Article) - 11/7/2006 11:08:12 AM

Comics need a fucking 25 cent book day-every year. I'm happy that comics are coming back in a big way, but I think that kids need to get back into reading, and reading comics is a great way to get kids into reading all other types of printed media.

Weekend Box Office Report: "Borat" Surprises (Article) - 11/6/2006 12:31:52 PM

Good for Cohen. I heard "Borat" on the radio and he was hilarious. I just hope they don't pressure him for more and his characters wear out their welcome.

Have you â%u20AC%u0153LOSTâ%u20AC interest? (Article) - 11/6/2006 8:24:04 AM

it's just you and me, narpin. A lot of people want answers and they want the focus to be more on the main characters. I've loved every season and I think there's little this season that I didn't like. One thing that bugged me was the whole "two islands" idea. It makes perfect sense, but getting there didn't really. I'd have to watch a repeat of season 2's finale. I also HATE that the show is going away for a drama that has the most ridiculous premise for an ongoing series. I suspect that no one will care and we'll be watching Lost reruns for about 3 months. From what I've seen of this Taye Diggs debacle, 7 Days did the premise first, and it did it better. Another Taye Diggs failure.

"American Virgin" (Article) - 11/4/2006 6:54:02 PM

I really liked the first volume of American Virgin. When I read the first few pages, I thought it would simply be the story of a religious young man avoiding sexual temptation. When a certain event happens, however, the story just goes whacko. The only problem I had with Volume one was a scene on a plane where Adam is tempted yet again by a magazine. The guy who owns the magazine is not realistic enough of a character and he's just used as an excuse for Adam to get his hands on this book.

VICHUSSMITH'S MANIACAL PERSONA