The Wachowski brothers aren't doing 'Superman' after all. Plus: Don't count Mickey Rourke out of 'Iron Man 2'. Get ready for the 'Dragonball' sequel. 'Scott Pilgrim' creator is happy with what he sees so far. T.G.I.Your Comics2Film 9.2.20!
The latest rumor on the ailing 'Superman' film franchise claimed that a certain Hollywood director was on UK radio and let slip that the Wachowski brothers were being courted by Warner Bros to take the helm of the world's greatest superhero's movie career.
Not so, says SlashFilm.com.
Their own unnamed sources claim that the rumor is false. The site says they've confirmed this with two separate parties who both state that the Wachowskis have had no discussions with DC Comics or Warner Bros about the franchise. The could not, however, confirm or disprove the appearances of director James McTeigue on RTL 1, which is supposedly where the rumor originated.
Yesterday we reported that it looked as if actor Mickey Rourke had bowed out of 'Iron Man 2'. However we also pointed out vagaries in Rourke's comments that indicate that maybe he hadn't dismissed the notion entirely.
Well, today, two different sources report that Rourke may do the movie yet.
EW.com's Hollywood Insider claims has heard from unnamed sources that there's still an offer on the table for the actor to do the movie. The offer may be accepted, rejected or re-negotiated, but just the same it appears that the filmmakers haven't parted way with the actor just yet.
Meanwhile, Reel Talk TV chats with the actor himself, who also speaks as if the door is still open. It's not clear when Reel Talk taped their interview, but it was posted on the site yesterday.
Rourke tells them, "I'd love to do it," but then admits the deal isn't close to being done. "It's a possibility. There's some road work. Then we'll see."
Here's the full clip:
Speaking with SciFiNow, 'Dragonball Evolution' actor Justin Chatwin says fans can certainly expect a sequel if the first one performs. He signed a multi-picture deal and, supposedly, the studio has already commissioned a screenplay.
"If there were to be a sequel I think it… well, I know that it would go to a really interesting place, because they already have the second script written," Chatwin said. "It’s really, really cool. The second one goes more into the whole legacy and the genealogy of Dragonball. It goes more in-depth into a real Dragonball series, the kind of intergalactic world of Dragonball."
But first, the first one has to hit theaters on April 8 in the U.S. and March 13 in Japan.
While fans may be spending a lot of time talking about 'Watchmen' and 'Wolverine' the hip flick that's rapidly building buzz online is Edgar Wright's adpatation of 'Scott Pilgrim'. As the cast of 1000 young talents, headed by Michael Cera, Mery Elizabeth Winstead and Chris Evans, unfolded in recent weeks, nobody was more pleased than the comics creator Bryan Lee O'Malley.
Speaking with MTV Splash Page, O'Malley said, "I think the whole cast is amazing. Edgar Wright is a genius for casting. Everyone that they’ve got is pretty spot-on."
The comics creator says that Wright has involved him in the casting process and his and the director's opinions were in lock step throughout. "Everyone that we’ve seen who we knew we liked a little bit but they weren’t quite right, we would wait and see someone else and then it turned out well after all."