All wesleywells1's Comments

1 2 >  >>

Son of Batman: First Look (Article) - 1/21/2014 11:56:44 AM

This looks good. I loved the Dark Knight Returns animated films, and this looks to be on par with those. I'll definitely be checking it out.

@CalamityJohnson don't forget about Old Man Logan. I've been waiting for an animated version of that one for a long time.

Superman vs Batman Delayed (Article) - 1/21/2014 11:35:45 AM

They're trying to do too much too fast. They would be better off making a true sequel to MoS with maybe Brainiac as the villain, introducing Luthor as a tech genius billionaire hellbent on possessing the alien technology for his own sinister plans. Introduce the new Batman in a post-credits scene where Bats is beating on some thugs and Supes slowly descends from the night sky and says something like, "I don't approve of your methods, but I can see your heart is in the right place. We could do great things together."

Then, do a Batman film that brings back the "World's Greatest Detective" aspect of Batman as he hunts down a serial killer who leaves clues in the form of riddles at the crime scene to taunt Bats and let him know who the next victim will be. At the end of that film, boom tubes open all over the world releasing the first wave of an alien invasion in the form of para-demons. Quickly cut to 1-2 second scenes of Superman, Batman, Jon Stewart Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman each looking to the sky preparing to defend their turf. The screen then goes black and cue the Justice League Unlimited theme song.

Man of Steel sequel- 2016

New Batman film- 2017

Justice League- 2018

Superman vs Batman Delayed (Article) - 1/20/2014 12:03:30 PM

Maybe Affleck will leave and they'll go back to their 2nd choice: Josh Brolin. He has more of that "tough seasoned hero" look than Affleck and would make a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. One can only hope.

X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016 (Article) - 12/9/2013 2:40:14 PM

If done correctly, this could be amazing! Maybe Cable will be introduced in DOFP either in the film itself or a post-credits scene to set up the Apocalypse movie. They're already doing some time traveling so it would make sense to have him pop up at some point. I'll definitely be watching how this one develops.

Mania Review: Thor: The Dark World (Article) - 11/11/2013 2:59:04 PM

I saw it today. Much better than the first Thor IMO. Solid B maybe even A-. Good mix of story, action, and light comedy. Loki pretty much steals the show. This is the Loki that should have been in The Avengers. More jealous brother with a penchant for trickery and less over the top villain. I guess that was done intentionally in The Avengers to give the heroes a chance to shine, which it did. Overall, I'd rank it just behind The Avengers and the first Iron Man as the third best Marvel film so far. Cap is #4. Looking forward to the next one!

Affleck is Batman (Article) - 8/22/2013 7:52:36 PM

I really hope this is just a late April Fool's joke.

Sharknado Sequel Title! (Article) - 8/10/2013 6:36:15 PM

Judging from the photo, it looks like Coney Island will get some action in this one. I was hoping for Sharktoberfest, but this is even better!

X-Force Movie Coming from Fox (Article) - 7/15/2013 1:03:08 PM

I tried to post this earlier, but it didn't work for some reason. Stephen Lang needs to play Cable. He was the Colonel in charge in Avatar and the Commander in charge on Terra Nova. He looks exactly like him. There was an interview a while back where someone asked him about it and he said he would do it. Now that this movie is actually happening and since he has a good working relationship with Fox, he should throw his name in the hat. Google him and there are even some photos comparing him to Cable.

X-Force Movie Coming from Fox (Article) - 7/15/2013 8:06:53 AM

ElBaz13, I agree with #6. Zoe Saldana for Storm!

I agree with the rest too, but especially that one.

X-Force Movie Coming from Fox (Article) - 7/15/2013 6:52:42 AM

I was a huge fan of the original version X-Force. I hope Fox doesn't screw this one up, but they probably will. Cable will likely have at least a cameo (or maybe a post-credits scene) in Days of Future Past to set up the X-Force film. If they go with the original lineup that is. Who knows with Fox? I'll be watching this one unfold with cautious optimism. Here's hoping it doesn't suck.

WESLEYWELLS1'S MANIACAL PERSONA