All whiteandnerdy75's Comments

<<  <  16 17 18 19 20 >  >>

Raimi, Maguire off SPIDER-MAN 4! (Article) - 1/11/2010 6:24:27 PM

Unbelievable.  My heart literally sank when I read this.  I was really hoping it was a rumor until I read the press release from Sony.

Spiderman has been my favorite superhero since I was a kid.  When I was a teenager I collected all four titles at the time and have amassed a 300 issue collection.  I loved 'Darkman' and knew Raimi was right for the job.  I loved the cast after the first flick.  So to me, the Spiderman trilogy rates with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and the Matrix when it comes to movie sagas that I MUST own.

Now, he's gone and Sony's gonna milk everything the franchise is worth.   This 'reboot' is BS.  The only successful 'reboots' I've ever seen are 'Batman Begins', 'The Incredible Hulk', and 'Casino Royale'.  Unless they get someone REALLY good to direct with a PHENOMENAL  and trash the high school time warp sh*t, I really think Spidey's spun his last web on the silver screen for awhile...

First A-TEAM Trailer (Article) - 1/9/2010 4:31:53 PM

I love it when a tv show movie comes together!  Makes up for the fact that I can only watch one or two episodes of these old shows (A-Team, Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider) before the plot, effects, or cheesy one liners ruin my childhood memories.  Thank God for cool re-boots!

GHOST RIDER 2 To Roll This Year? (Article) - 1/8/2010 2:48:05 PM

If Goyer's involved with Ghost Rider, count me in.  Love his stuff.

Christmas Toy Commercials (Article) - 12/30/2009 8:36:09 PM

I think it's interesting Stan Winston had a hand in the Wookie costumes.

KICK-ASS Red Band Trailer (Article) - 12/23/2009 8:57:09 PM

Kick Ass looks kick ass!  Laughed hysterically, though.  Did anyone notice the theme from the Banana Splits Gang in the background?  HIGHlarious!

Sherlock Holmes Movie Review (Article) - 12/23/2009 12:46:32 AM

Are we all reading the same books?  Yes, Holmes could box and, yes, he did use coke.  But how do two habits that were never major plot points in the stories suddenly become so important in this movie that it makes this version of Holmes closer to Doyle's character than anything else?

I mean, there's so much whining about,  say,  'Spiderman 3' or 'X-men 3' on here, right?  You've got Mania and their '5 Things to Make a Good X-men Movie' and fans moaning about Bryan Singer's return.  And God forbid you mention 'Superman Returns'...  So, if these movies were such departure from the comics and didn't stick to the source material like everyone says than I would have thought everyone would have seen this attempt at Holmes for what's it's worth... a bad attempt by Hollywood to change what they think is a boring character into an action hero for the 18-40 demographic.  Why isn't everyone hating on this flick?

I believe you can have new adventures or add new characters, heroes, or villains to a comic book or novel in a movie.  I mean, hey, Kryptonite was introduced on the Superman radio show, not in the comics, right?  It's a staple in the Superman universe now.  The plot for 'Sherlock Holmes' is completely new, so what?  But in changing the defining traits of a character you lose what made him or her in the first place.

Jeremy Brett had it right.  I'll stick with those DVDs till someone 're-imagines' Holmes in less jarring way like 'Casino Royale' or 'Batman Begins'...

Fishburne in PREDATORS (Article) - 12/19/2009 3:49:12 PM

Have to admit I agree with everyone on the name.  They didn't call it 'James Cameron's Aliens...'

Other than Adrien Brody (who I can't see as a warrior of anything), the cast seems solid, especially with the addition of Fishburne.  I guess it's going to be a 'bughunt', same as 'Aliens' except with the Predators in the humans role of tracking the baddies.

As long as Rodriguez stays away from the grindhouse cheese this could be a worthy sequel.  But then, anything is better than 'Predator 2'!

CBS Fixing TIME (Article) - 12/12/2009 8:39:06 PM

Dude, I got all excited when I saw the pic and thought someone was finally gonna do a 'Quantum Leap' TV movie.  Dammit!  Screw this new series, when are we gonna see Sam and Al again!?

So now it's Vulture in SPIDER-MAN 4? (Article) - 12/9/2009 12:32:46 PM

I always felt if they were the Vulture route and would do the youth story arc (where Vulture grows young again) that Tom Hardy from 'Star Trek: Nemesis' would be a great young Vulture...  Otherwise, I think Malkovich is a perfect choice for the older version.  He has more of a villainous nature than Kingsley.

I still don't know why the studio is so gunshy on Lizard, though.  If they're afraid he'll scare the kids then go back to his roots and make him the intelligent Lizard instead of the Calypso rage driven Lizard from McFarlane's less than spectacular 'Torment' story arc.  If Sony is so scared of him then they should quit with the rumors of Carnage.  That's one rogue who should stay in the comics!

And hopefully Black Cat will start out to be a burglar and then team up with Spidey at the end to fight the main villain.  I thought that worked well with Harry Osborn/Green Goblin doing it in 3 as he had saved Spidey on several comic book occasions.  Do the same with Felicia!

Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars and Beyond (Article) - 11/26/2009 11:52:26 PM

Glad to hear everyone is optimistic about Matt Smith.  I was worried he wouldn't be accepted after Tennant's departure.  I mean, come on, those are HUGE shoes to fill!  Tennant's better than Baker!

At least I know Moffat is a good choice.  I'm a fan of 'Coupling' and the two parter he did for 'Doctor Who' during Season 4 was well done.

One thing, though:  Mania, stay on the updates for 'Doctor Who'!  Even though you can visit the official site at the BBC, you can't watch any video as they don't support US drivers.  American Who fans are out of luck unless Mania and Youtube post stuff...

WHITEANDNERDY75'S MANIACAL PERSONA