All wish's Comments

Showing items 1,011 - 1,020 of 1,195

Mania Review: Your Highness (Article) - 4/8/2011 7:00:27 AM

I think this is a case of wrong movie/wrong critic.  I'm usually quite a fan of this Rob and his reviews but this just strikes me as a bad combination.  I think anyone who enjoyed Danny McBride as Kenny Powers is gonna love this movie, sure it's a dumber type comedy than the Hangover but it has it's place and can work if you're into it.  There was nothing in the red band trailer that made me NOT want to see it and I'll be there with my girl and a few friends tomorrow afternoon to giggle at all the fucks!!!!

I can say with certainty that if I had reviewed Lost in Translation or I heart huckabees or any of those criticly acclaimed art pieces I would invent a new last letter of the alphabet to rate them.  But that's an opinion based purely on my interest and subsequent enjoyment or lack-of.  I'm secure enough with my my level of intelligence to be honest about the films I love and hate, but some people aren't and won't allow themselves to enjoy something because of how it may affect the way they are viewed by thier peers.  And of course there are those who just don't enjoy this type of film and to criticize them would be beyond ridiculous.

I still love ya Rob!!  I'm sorry you had to wait for the janitor!  I'll stay away from red meat from now on!!!

The 10 Worst Superhero Costumes in TV and Film (Article) - 4/6/2011 9:50:30 AM

I remember seeing the trial of the incredible hulk and thinking they did the right thing with Daredevil!  He's blind and has no super powers other than bat vision or radar or whatever, why  would he wear a bright red suit and stand out?  Also it was back when actors didn't bulk up for roles so a red tight suit would not have been flattering..........it still isn't really, muscles or not!!  All black costumes might be lazy, but they are the most practical for someone who chooses to be a law-breaking vigilante....aka a superhero!  Other than that this is a funny list!  How crazy is it that they did some of this shit?  Growing pains hey?  It all paid off though!  Thanks to these humiliated pioneers we not only had the last 10 years of movies starring a comic book character, but we can look forward to another 10  filled with re-boots and re-makes!!

So exciting.

Didn't have a problem with Colin Farrell's bullseye, I had a problem with the whole movie!  we are nearly a decade removed from that bucket of deep-fried dog crap so I won't get into it but Bullseye's costume is hardly worth starting the list.

Fan Beefs Part II: The 5 Biggest Actor Arguments (Article) - 4/6/2011 6:55:24 AM

LOVE Sisko, he's not in the equation because he has no equal!

Starfleet sends thier most prim and proper shakespearean captain out to greet the galaxy, but they send thier best to man a station near the most important stellar discovery of all-time!  The fact that they left him in charge after discovering the first ever stable wormhole proves that they put the right guy in the right position.   And he didn't kill Picard on site for the death of his wife..............all class!

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/5/2011 8:51:04 PM

Karas1:  I agree with you completely on all points, but you are still talking opinion.  If more people like the backstreet boys than the LPSO then it becomes a simple equation: more fans=more albums sold= more popular!  You may call them the lowest common denominator, but they outnumber you and they don't care what you consider "art" because they have thier own "opinion".  Art, taste, even quality is based on opinion, except when it comes to food, because obviously there are some things that are better and healthier for the body.  Is it really so hard for some people to detach themselves from their own opinions and try to be objective about something?  From a business point of view something that generates more profit is better than something that doesn't generate as much profit!!  Entertainment is a business!!  All forms!!  ART is arguable!  math isn't!!!!  Believe what you want!!!  Convince a person that six is better than nine because it looks better!!!  For what you've said above you might as well!!!  Lowest common denominator...........everyone on here should take offence to that!  WE ARE THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR!  unless of course any of you are the tiny percent of the population that is making the entertainment products we argue about.

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/5/2011 3:58:22 PM

Ok I'll respond to that by saying: fair enough!  But I will interpret that to mean: You refuse to "agree" that top box office returns=best movies ever made.  And I will agree with you!

Aliens, Ferris Bueller's day off, Forest Gump, The Shawshank redemption, The Usual Suspects, The Matrix, Fight Club, Inglorious Basterds and Inception are the greatest movies ever made!

so say we all

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/5/2011 2:27:41 PM

SarcasticCaveman:  I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not?  All I'm saying is that people who state that a film's gross doesn't determine it's quality are being hypocritical and pretentious by implying that thier opinion does.  I agree with you that I don't want to see Gone with the Wind just because it is the top adjusted film, but I can't deny that it's obviously a good film to have generated so much profit/ticket sales or whatever scale that refers to.  It's so simple it hurts!  If a movie made a lot of money it means it's a good movie!!  Maybe not to you or your friends but that just means you aren't asking the people who paid to see it!!   I hate lots of movies that made huge piles of cash!!  But since I know the difference I choose to say that I hated those movies, not that they sucked.  For example:  Evan Almighty sucked because it cost a ton of money to make and made almost nothing back........but I liked it.........Twilight films gross big bucks..........but I hate them........do they suck?.......only the cash from pockets.

I won't respond to anyone who tries to make an arguement out of this.

YAY ROBERT ORCI FOR UPDATING STAR TREK 2!!!!!!  I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!!

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/5/2011 12:06:48 PM

I love it when people try to take away from a film making money and saying it doesn't mean it's a good movie.............well it's more tangible evidence than..........YOUR OPINION!!!

You WILL find people out there who would say the Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars film, just like some will say Empire is the best......or A new Hope.............get it?  It's all opinion.  Money making is a fact, a mathematical fact, black and white...........opinions I find can be many colors, moslty brown unless thier mine HAHA!!  But I understand, your part of a minority and you want to feel superior so you say something like:  "Just cuz it made a lotta money doesn't mean it's a good movie"   yeah well just cuz you say it is doesn't make it a good movie either!!

Smiths Team with Shyamalan (Article) - 4/5/2011 9:58:53 AM

Shyamalan has been wasted potential over the last decade.  That's my opinoin only but I just can't get into his films, he takes too much time with every shot, he calls it detail I call it slow and boring.  The points he always wants his films to center on are usually the points everyone missed  because they thought they were gonna see an action movie, or a sci-fi or adventure, not an emotional exploration.  Maybe he needs to be more behind the scenes and executive instead of pouring sugar in the gas tank of all the films he's directed.  He's not even a good writer either, not to me anyway, it's like he gets all the elements right but focuses on the wrong parts to exploit and ends up with good scenery and shitty narrative.

He tries too hard to take used and proven methods and make them different, tries too hard to do the same story in a way no one else has..............he needs to understand WHY no one else has...........

or not and keep making shite films with good people.

PROFILE: Jeff Bridges on Tron: Legacy (Article) - 4/5/2011 9:43:17 AM

A very very large portion of the population requires glasses or contacts to see normally and they don't always like slipping an extra pair over top so as long as special glasses are required you can rest assured that 3D will be an option.  And from what I've seen from Panasonic, it's better than most would think of a tech that's "not perfected", though I still won't buy into it until a few years from now.

3D is here to stay, but it will never replace 2D, just provides an alternative.

I loved this movie, it would make more sense to me to use this as a template for a tv series rather than films but I'll take it in any form as long as they keep using Daft Punk for the score, lots of artists have done scores over the years (including my favorite and now an oscar winner Trent Reznor!) but none have succeeded so completely as this!

Reeves Updates Bill & Ted 3 (Article) - 4/5/2011 9:24:38 AM

These are shitty movies, and there will always be a place for them!  Bring on the 3rd!  I loved the bogus journey but I never liked the excellent adventure, if they can make a good story I'd love to see these characters again!

I remember when T2:Judgement Day was coming out and one of the biggest points of mention was the fact that it was 7 years after the first one,  it seemed like there was a lot shorter window to do sequels back then, now it doens't matter anymore, 30yrs later and they have no shame making a sequel and even using the same actors!  It's sorta cool but it's also sorta lame because the relevancy factor gets ignored and is usually the downfall of most of these ideas!  Whatever, if it's not below Keanu to do a sequel to these films then maybe we will get another Matrix saga out of him before he's too old to do the martial arts.  I'm always game for a Point Break sequel too!!  100% Utah!!

WISH'S MANIACAL PERSONA