All wish's Comments

Showing items 1,011 - 1,020 of 1,208

Fringe: Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (Article) - 4/18/2011 8:44:11 AM

When Aster calls Walter Wally in response to his miss on her name, that was pretty funny!!

This show needs no further accolades, anyone who watches it knows we are watching one of the best sci-fi shows ever made!!

Mania Review: Scream 4 (Article) - 4/15/2011 10:29:03 AM

The first Scream was interesting but not ground-breaking, the second is still the only movie to this day that I walked out of because of how ridiculous it was, in particular the way an un-trained, masked and robed killer can over-power 2 cops and kill them like they were pre-schoolers was enough to make me leave.  The third I just never even gave a chance, this whole series looks like it's trying way too hard to be the cool horror movie that wins where others lose and it just isn't at all.  The only way I'll see this movie is if I'm paid a lot or threatened with a knife wound to the penis.  There was a time Wes........there was a time.........

Sony Continues 007 Partnership (Article) - 4/14/2011 2:16:14 PM

@Higgy:  It looks like you are also in the minority when it comes to thoughts on Craig as Bond.  All I meant by relevant is, James Bond was a product of WWII and his adventures continued throughout the cold war.......we are far removed from those days and James Bond needed an update, so he got it!!!  It's too bad that you don't enjoy it but that's the beauty of having an opinon right?  Like I said, I've loved every incarnation of Bond but to continue to portray him as the character he was from the 60's would be a mistake in my opinon!  Luckily for me and most fans, the people in charge of this franchise felt the same way.

Sony Continues 007 Partnership (Article) - 4/14/2011 10:08:51 AM

trollman: I understand your positon on the last 2 films, but are you suggesting that they stay in the past and keep manufacturing a bond character that is no longer relevant?  I think the Craig Bond is exactly what this franchise needed to move forward and continue producing exciting and interesting stories.  And it looks like you are part of a minority when you look at the total box office takes so you're sentiments though noted, are not common at all.  I've loved every incarnation of James Bond, but then again I'm receptive to change and enjoy a refresh every now and then, when it's done right of course and I firmly believe they did right with the last 2 films!!  Can't wait for more!!!

Reynolds' Full Body Costume for GL (Article) - 4/12/2011 2:21:33 PM

He's got the right body, but the voice and personality are gonna take getting used to, I just never pictured green lantern as the way Reynolds will be playing him.  Cooper may have been a better choice, but at least it's not Timberlake!  I second the dislike of the feet......

Jackson Blogs HOBBIT Tech (Article) - 4/12/2011 10:05:40 AM

It would be more apt for him to describe the move from recording music digitally from 16bit 44.1khz to 24bit 96khz.  The move from vinyl to cd as most everyone knows wasn't permanent and vinyl has made a fierce comeback and is widely regarded as the purest way to hear music.  There is science behind it as well, vinyl is capable of reproducing much higher dynamic range than the current version of compact disc, resulting in a smoother and more life-like sound reproduction.  When cd's first came out they were recieved as being cold and harsh sounding compared to vinyl.  The advancement in mastering technology has since warmed the sound of cd's, but they still employ quite a bit of lossy compression compared to the studio-master.  Film moves forward while music moves backward!  Mp3's are an even further compressed version of what was already dithered down from 16bit/44.1khz!!  I don't know why this is being ignored (mostly file size!)  but some artists have begun to offer thier music in higher resolution formats (NIN's 2008 album The Slip was released through the band's website in 24bit/96khz download) as we move further away from physical copies of entertainment I'm hoping we will see higher standards of quality reproduction being offered to fans because I'm just like Peter Jackson when it comes to upgrading my experience, I find it hard to ever go back!  Since I went blu-ray, I can barely stand to see a dvd on my HD tv!!  And I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people who feel the same way!  But as he stated above, change can take decades to implement!  How crazy is it we got so obsessed with pixels and resolution that we never considered upping the fpm to match?  It's like spending all your money on decals to make your car look like a race car, but spending nothing on the engine!!!

If not for People like Peter Jackson and Jim Cameron and thier way of thinking, we'd still be getting used to "talkies" as they first refferred to films with sound!  FORWARD!!!!!

Maybe more artists should become politicians.

Walter Hill Directs HEADSHOT (Article) - 4/12/2011 9:33:42 AM

It should be Kurt Russel!

AVATAR 2 Hits Manhattan Beach (Article) - 4/12/2011 9:28:18 AM

I actually had hoped he would go in a different direction than these sequels.  I really only viewed Avatar as a testing ground for technology, I didn't see it as some great film legacy but he can obviously do whatever he wants.  The James Cameron I grew up made very different films and I'm just not excited about returning to this world.

Zod Cast in Snyder's SUPERMAN (Article) - 4/11/2011 11:36:33 AM

Interesting enough to post a comment though, and more interesting than the comment you posted!

Zod Cast in Snyder's SUPERMAN (Article) - 4/11/2011 6:39:07 AM

Jeremy Renner is too short?  Maybe standing next to Ben Affleck, but standing next to Kurt Russel he's pretty much the same height.  Why does that even matter?  This is cinema!  Forced perspective and appropiate casting can make the shortest of people look like normal or even tall people!!  It's been done for years!  Tom Cruise, Stallone, Emelio Estevez, they are all super short compared to thier characters!!!!

I'm sorry, but "he's too short"  is not a valid consideration when ruling out possible actors for roles. (mostly)

Yeah I'm mixed on Zod being in this........but since I have no say and couldn't be more excited to see a Zack Snyder superman film I'm just gonna be happy about this fantastc addition to an already stellar cast!!!!!!!!

Now cast Viggo as.........anything........... and get this fukker steamin'!

Caveman:  Clancy Brown as Luthor would be legendary!!!!!!  It's too bad that they would probably feel too much pressure to cast an "A" list actor for this role........like Jon Hamm.

WISH'S MANIACAL PERSONA