All wish's Comments

Showing items 1,011 - 1,020 of 1,184

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/4/2011 2:26:23 PM

I liked First Contact, but I view all TNG films as extended episodes and First Contact was an expansion on a storyline that took place during the series, the defining moment for the series no less but still a little too TV for me.  Undiscovered Country was a whodunnit in space with the state of galactic peace hanging on a thread!

As for the ship to ship snub fighters mentioned above, The enterprise was a scientific exploration vessel and wasn't even considered a suitable ship for firefights until the Galaxy class of TNG came along.  I doubt very much that it was even a consideration to have it like a battlestar type ship for this movie.  J.J. was quoted as saying that he and the writers always felt that one of thier favorite Trek movies (unofficially of course!) was the very under-rated Galaxy Quest and they went a little in that direction with the lighter moments and character development.

But who knows, its all bullshit til it hits the screens right?

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/4/2011 9:56:54 AM

Its really too bad these forums weren't around back in the 80's when the Final Frontier came out, I'd love to hear all your opinons on that "classic" trek.  JJ's reboot was a huge success despite what all the haters seem to think.  It was easily the best Trek story to come along since The Undiscovered Country.  And as far as the "vision" some of you speak of, well I think the original vision was to show us that even in the future with all the social kinks worked out and all the technology you could want, we still have human problems that have to be dealt with in human ways.  I don't think it was supposed to be any more complicated than that.  This movie was everything I wanted from a sci-fi movie, action, comedy and drama and a great villian!  The fx were top of the line and it was perfectly shot in my opinion.  You can never please everyone but this one pleased most and no arguement can change the monetary outcome so eat it haters!!!

The one and only person I know that didn't like this movie had only one gripe: red matter!!  He was pissed that they just invented this black hole making crap to solve a plot problem.  The only thing I had to say was:  In the vastness of the Trek universe, with positronic brains and Omnipotent beings like Q you have a problem with red matter?  I'm more likely to believe a manufactored black hole than ever encountering any alien race that are bipedal and wear clothing like we do!!!!   Or what about the holodeck?  Is that really more likely than a material than can reach a critical mass and punch a hole through space/time?

We know black holes exist, but creating temporary solid objects you can interact with using nothing more than light and a really sophisticated computer?  Dream big right?

GOVERNATOR Becomes a Movie (Article) - 4/4/2011 9:26:25 AM

Out of the supposed "pile" of projects on his desk he chooses this?  I'll remember Arnold fondly, from the time when he had a penis.

Fan Beefs Part II: The 5 Biggest Actor Arguments (Article) - 4/1/2011 7:51:08 AM

Wyldstaar has been paying attention in class!!!!  one of the funniest comments I've ever read!!

Fan Beefs Part II: The 5 Biggest Actor Arguments (Article) - 4/1/2011 7:47:17 AM

Heath and Jack can't compete since they both stole the show in thier respective roles, they were so perfect for the type of movie they were in that when it works it just works!!  Having said that I liked the Dark Knight better than Batman 1989 so edge to the Ledge.........r.

and he had a total badass to deal with in Bale's Batman, the only actor in my opinion worthy of the cape and cowl.  The others were just pretty boys wearing cheap rubber, except Keaton, he wasn't that pretty but made up for it in personality (and scored the hottest girl to be in any Batman film yet!)

My favorite Bond Is Craig, no question, he doesn't treat a day of killing and double-crossing like he's a fukking game show host, though the charm is there when needed.  As for Kirk and Picard.......the comparison should really be between thier ships...........the real hero doing all the work.....I only say that because my favorite Captain is Jonathan Archer!

These lists and susequent debates are what make this site killer!!  Keep it up!!!

Mania Review: Source Code (Article) - 4/1/2011 7:31:24 AM

No love for Duncan Jones Wise?  Moon was really great and this didn't need the stellar review to get me out of the house, but as I've said before, this Rob is pretty damn good with his reviews so it certainly adds a little push!  I love the actors and I'm always down for a movie that wasn't done in the 80's first.

Two TRANSFORMERS 3 Photos Roll Out (Article) - 3/31/2011 9:44:09 AM

HAHA peak, love the fantasy team-up!  Aronofski would likely drug Bay's coffee and then film him trying to film the main feature and freaking out when he can't figure why it looks like he has 2 left hands!!!!  A deep and dark look into his soul.............with a stark single-note piano stalking the background.

Two TRANSFORMERS 3 Photos Roll Out (Article) - 3/31/2011 6:35:23 AM

I enjoyed the second movie, it may pale in comparison to Black Swan or The King's Speech and other oscar fav's but it made me  laugh, made me blink and held my attention.  I got the theatre experience I paid for.  Ididn't get the warm and fuzzies or soul shattering experience the haters seem to need to live every day but I doubt I'll ever seek that  from a movie like this.  The 3rd one will likely not disapoint me, if it disapoints some of the more pretentious Bay haters out there then I least I'll be happy knowing they are sufferring a little about thier super negative experience that had them running out of the theatres and screaming for Michael Bay's head on a light-sabre.  You think Aronofski passed on these too and just  never told anyone?

Palmer Circles WARM BODIES (Article) - 3/29/2011 7:07:18 AM

way to sell a movie......."it's like twilight meets........"  who the fukk cares, twilight should meet its death.

might as well sell it as.......Catwoman meets.........ah shit....twilight?

Fringe: Bloodline (Article) - 3/28/2011 9:40:34 AM

I can see how some people are flipping between liking and hating Walternate, but the truth is he saved Fauxlivia and her baby, he had to do it quietly because the procedure is obviously dangerous but he has several objectives here:  Save the universe, keep his "bloodline" going and eventually get his son back, the latter of which he knows he needs a healthy and alive fauxlivia to do.  He is obviously in the loop when it comes to the pregnancy, so it's likely he knew the results of her VPE test before anyone else and initiated the procedure immeaditaly to avoid the potential and likely abortion that Fauxlivia was looking ready to go through with.  John Noble is also getting his fair share of acting excercise this season with his portrayal of two characters that couldn't be more different, but the writers are very very clever, they have managed to evoke sympathy for the bumbling (our side) Walter though his prime as a scientist was spent as a monster testing on children and ultimately creating the instability between universes which threatens all existence as we know it!  And they've also managed to paint Walternate as a bad guy even though he's the one who had his son stolen and was left with the bulk of the side effects of moving between universes, which he was able to deal with at the cost of many public casualties.  He is passionately opposed to testing on children and determined to find a solution to all problems his world faces yet he is man enough to know when sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

The lines begin to blur indeed!!!!!!!

Love this show and actually moved between universes with my excitement at hearing it was renewed for a 4th season!!!!!

WISH'S MANIACAL PERSONA