All wish's Comments

Showing items 1,011 - 1,020 of 1,191

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/5/2011 3:58:22 PM

Ok I'll respond to that by saying: fair enough!  But I will interpret that to mean: You refuse to "agree" that top box office returns=best movies ever made.  And I will agree with you!

Aliens, Ferris Bueller's day off, Forest Gump, The Shawshank redemption, The Usual Suspects, The Matrix, Fight Club, Inglorious Basterds and Inception are the greatest movies ever made!

so say we all

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/5/2011 2:27:41 PM

SarcasticCaveman:  I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not?  All I'm saying is that people who state that a film's gross doesn't determine it's quality are being hypocritical and pretentious by implying that thier opinion does.  I agree with you that I don't want to see Gone with the Wind just because it is the top adjusted film, but I can't deny that it's obviously a good film to have generated so much profit/ticket sales or whatever scale that refers to.  It's so simple it hurts!  If a movie made a lot of money it means it's a good movie!!  Maybe not to you or your friends but that just means you aren't asking the people who paid to see it!!   I hate lots of movies that made huge piles of cash!!  But since I know the difference I choose to say that I hated those movies, not that they sucked.  For example:  Evan Almighty sucked because it cost a ton of money to make and made almost nothing back........but I liked it.........Twilight films gross big bucks..........but I hate them........do they suck?.......only the cash from pockets.

I won't respond to anyone who tries to make an arguement out of this.

YAY ROBERT ORCI FOR UPDATING STAR TREK 2!!!!!!  I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!!

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/5/2011 12:06:48 PM

I love it when people try to take away from a film making money and saying it doesn't mean it's a good movie.............well it's more tangible evidence than..........YOUR OPINION!!!

You WILL find people out there who would say the Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars film, just like some will say Empire is the best......or A new Hope.............get it?  It's all opinion.  Money making is a fact, a mathematical fact, black and white...........opinions I find can be many colors, moslty brown unless thier mine HAHA!!  But I understand, your part of a minority and you want to feel superior so you say something like:  "Just cuz it made a lotta money doesn't mean it's a good movie"   yeah well just cuz you say it is doesn't make it a good movie either!!

Smiths Team with Shyamalan (Article) - 4/5/2011 9:58:53 AM

Shyamalan has been wasted potential over the last decade.  That's my opinoin only but I just can't get into his films, he takes too much time with every shot, he calls it detail I call it slow and boring.  The points he always wants his films to center on are usually the points everyone missed  because they thought they were gonna see an action movie, or a sci-fi or adventure, not an emotional exploration.  Maybe he needs to be more behind the scenes and executive instead of pouring sugar in the gas tank of all the films he's directed.  He's not even a good writer either, not to me anyway, it's like he gets all the elements right but focuses on the wrong parts to exploit and ends up with good scenery and shitty narrative.

He tries too hard to take used and proven methods and make them different, tries too hard to do the same story in a way no one else has..............he needs to understand WHY no one else has...........

or not and keep making shite films with good people.

PROFILE: Jeff Bridges on Tron: Legacy (Article) - 4/5/2011 9:43:17 AM

A very very large portion of the population requires glasses or contacts to see normally and they don't always like slipping an extra pair over top so as long as special glasses are required you can rest assured that 3D will be an option.  And from what I've seen from Panasonic, it's better than most would think of a tech that's "not perfected", though I still won't buy into it until a few years from now.

3D is here to stay, but it will never replace 2D, just provides an alternative.

I loved this movie, it would make more sense to me to use this as a template for a tv series rather than films but I'll take it in any form as long as they keep using Daft Punk for the score, lots of artists have done scores over the years (including my favorite and now an oscar winner Trent Reznor!) but none have succeeded so completely as this!

Reeves Updates Bill & Ted 3 (Article) - 4/5/2011 9:24:38 AM

These are shitty movies, and there will always be a place for them!  Bring on the 3rd!  I loved the bogus journey but I never liked the excellent adventure, if they can make a good story I'd love to see these characters again!

I remember when T2:Judgement Day was coming out and one of the biggest points of mention was the fact that it was 7 years after the first one,  it seemed like there was a lot shorter window to do sequels back then, now it doens't matter anymore, 30yrs later and they have no shame making a sequel and even using the same actors!  It's sorta cool but it's also sorta lame because the relevancy factor gets ignored and is usually the downfall of most of these ideas!  Whatever, if it's not below Keanu to do a sequel to these films then maybe we will get another Matrix saga out of him before he's too old to do the martial arts.  I'm always game for a Point Break sequel too!!  100% Utah!!

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/4/2011 5:12:36 PM

Vulcan imploded.......they blew up Alderaan........get your stellar events straight!

I loved that they did that too, makes the character of Spock and Kirk (dead dad) totally unpredictable and interesting!!  Nothing like a drama filled past to evoke dark shit!

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/4/2011 2:26:23 PM

I liked First Contact, but I view all TNG films as extended episodes and First Contact was an expansion on a storyline that took place during the series, the defining moment for the series no less but still a little too TV for me.  Undiscovered Country was a whodunnit in space with the state of galactic peace hanging on a thread!

As for the ship to ship snub fighters mentioned above, The enterprise was a scientific exploration vessel and wasn't even considered a suitable ship for firefights until the Galaxy class of TNG came along.  I doubt very much that it was even a consideration to have it like a battlestar type ship for this movie.  J.J. was quoted as saying that he and the writers always felt that one of thier favorite Trek movies (unofficially of course!) was the very under-rated Galaxy Quest and they went a little in that direction with the lighter moments and character development.

But who knows, its all bullshit til it hits the screens right?

Orci Updates TREK Sequel (Article) - 4/4/2011 9:56:54 AM

Its really too bad these forums weren't around back in the 80's when the Final Frontier came out, I'd love to hear all your opinons on that "classic" trek.  JJ's reboot was a huge success despite what all the haters seem to think.  It was easily the best Trek story to come along since The Undiscovered Country.  And as far as the "vision" some of you speak of, well I think the original vision was to show us that even in the future with all the social kinks worked out and all the technology you could want, we still have human problems that have to be dealt with in human ways.  I don't think it was supposed to be any more complicated than that.  This movie was everything I wanted from a sci-fi movie, action, comedy and drama and a great villian!  The fx were top of the line and it was perfectly shot in my opinion.  You can never please everyone but this one pleased most and no arguement can change the monetary outcome so eat it haters!!!

The one and only person I know that didn't like this movie had only one gripe: red matter!!  He was pissed that they just invented this black hole making crap to solve a plot problem.  The only thing I had to say was:  In the vastness of the Trek universe, with positronic brains and Omnipotent beings like Q you have a problem with red matter?  I'm more likely to believe a manufactored black hole than ever encountering any alien race that are bipedal and wear clothing like we do!!!!   Or what about the holodeck?  Is that really more likely than a material than can reach a critical mass and punch a hole through space/time?

We know black holes exist, but creating temporary solid objects you can interact with using nothing more than light and a really sophisticated computer?  Dream big right?

GOVERNATOR Becomes a Movie (Article) - 4/4/2011 9:26:25 AM

Out of the supposed "pile" of projects on his desk he chooses this?  I'll remember Arnold fondly, from the time when he had a penis.

WISH'S MANIACAL PERSONA