All wish's Comments

Showing items 1,051 - 1,060 of 1,190

Costner Confirmed for SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/18/2011 3:56:50 PM

Every piece is so important, and they locked a solid one down with Kevin Costner, one of the greatest american entertainers of all-time.

Snyder Updates on SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/17/2011 11:07:09 AM

Tim Burton's Batman is an origin movie, they just didn't delve too deeply into it.  Batman arrives on the scene in Gotham quite suddenly, nobody knows who he is and they explain it all in flashbacks later in the film.  His parents are killed by a young goon who ends up becoming the Joker.  The next 3 films were a continuation of that universe until the reboot in 2005.

I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, I just think an origin with this reboot would be the right thing to do and I have a feeling that it's the direction Zack will go.  I know I would want to tell my own origin story if I had the chance to start a new Superman franchise.

All I'm saying is I would rather be open to any and all possibilites in the hopes of getting a good superman movie, rather than become pessimistic if the story doesn't go in the direction I want it to.  Origin stories have usually been the best part of any franchise.

Snyder Updates on SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/17/2011 8:46:30 AM

Origin story haters need to realize that people were asking for the same thing when Batman Begins was announced, and that movie was certainly not boring or a mistake so relax and let these guys do their jobs.  It's been over 30yrs since the origin of Superman was told so I think it's about time to do it again.  WIth regard to the Incredible Hulk, it was only 4yrs so yeah, skip the intro, but look at spiderman, they are doing the high school thing again so it's obvious that with most reboots, the idea is to tell a different origin and set the stage for a new franchise.  I don't care what they do as long as it's good, but I hope some of you don't get too hung up on the no origin thing because it really can be the best part of any superhero's story.  The more I hear of this the more I think they can't get away from telling a new origin, the casting of a youngish Martha and the rumours of Costner as Pa, these folks aren't seniors so it only makes sense that even if they do appear as older folks at some point in the movie, the casting idea is geared toward showing them as younger adults with perhaps a toddler or teenage Clark.  The Fact that the leading man is only 27 also tells me that they want to show a beginning to his life as a superhero.  All I can say is trust Zack and Chris to give us the best Superman since the 70's!!

V: Mother's Day (Article) - 3/16/2011 11:31:39 PM

I can't see this being continued, though it would be good if they got a finite amount of ep's to close it out so that they could continue with a high pace.  Cleary this is a poorly written show with little or no direction in the overall scheme, but they sure put a show on with this one!  I don't think it'll be enough to save it but it was interesting to see a show really pour it on at the last minute to keep the hope alive that it could be a good show afterall!

For the episode....well they seemed to answer to some of the fan's critical view of certain characters, and apart from Diana (still smokin' hot!) they killed off the worst and most hated characters which will no doubt, should the show continue, have drastic consequences for Erica.  Though we play the waiting game with ABC, I'd be curious to know how the actors feel about this show and it's future, I find it a little hard to believe that some of these talented people are totally satisfied with what this series has done with 22 episodes.  Just the same I'm sure there would be a few casting changes made if it were to continue.

RED DAWN Villains Changed (Article) - 3/16/2011 10:43:42 AM

With the cold war of the 80's in full effect, the original was actually relevant.  The threat of invasion or even grand scale war is just not plausible anymore. You wanna fukk a country over?  Hit 'em in the wallet, that's the approach to modern warfare, this remake is total bullshit, fukk I wish kids from the 80's would stop pitching movie ideas!!!!

V: Devil in a Blue Dress (Article) - 3/10/2011 10:27:02 AM

dude above: I understand your frustrations, but these comments are for people to share their opinions, good and bad.  I personally watch this show because I want it to be good and I want it to get better and I really like most of the actors but the sad truth is.......it's written in a way that makes a lot of scenes akward and emabarassing, it's not poorly acted at all, it's just hard for some of the great actors to deliver thier lines with honesty and it shows.  The story and direction feel like it's being re-written after every episode and it's hard to see the sense in where they are going with it, BUT I want to see an ending to the whole thing so I hope it gets at least  a shortened third season to wrap it all up or perhaps a mini series or tv movie.

It probably should've been cancelled a long time ago but I'll keep watching AND posting what I think about it for as long as it is on the air.  In all fairness, its gonna be hard for any show to receive an update and be both relevant and quality for most of us fans after the amazing re-think on Battlestar Galactica!!!  Perspective changes everything!

McKellen Spots Bilbo in 3D (Article) - 3/9/2011 4:17:00 PM

Ha Ha laserdisc!  I can't believe the shit they've pulled on us!

McKellen Spots Bilbo in 3D (Article) - 3/9/2011 11:08:31 AM

like color, sound, hi-fi, surround, 5.1, 7.1, beta, vhs, dvd and blu-ray this is an evolutionary step in film-making/viewing and it's here to stay.  For the people who don't like it I can see why and I hope they get better at it so you do enjoy it.  I agree with Hanso that the films with obvious 3D scenes are lame at home (I haven't even seen Avatar since the imax!) but I do believe that this is heading in the direction of not needing glasses to view and when it gets there........well.......that'll be worth leaving the house for!!!!  And that's what it's all about folks, cause I'll say it this way:  Convince me to see you play live and I'll buy the tix, show me that your movie is gonna be great and I'll leave the house to see it, but don't expect me to pay twice, simply meaning I won't pay for digital media for something I've already paid to see in it's elemental environment.  The entertainment industry has been double and triple (fukk you george lucas) dipping us for far too long and now the internet allows us to share media for free.  BUT!  what it can't and won't ever do is replace the experience offered by big screens, big sound systems and like minded crowds.  Likewise for live music venues.   I'm sure everyone that's ever been to this site can appreciate the attempt to create better entertainment, I know I do!!

Sony Grabs PETER PAN (Article) - 3/9/2011 8:32:31 AM

Is this a fukking joke?  we are weeks away from a story like this even being mentioned! Someone needs to get all Mark David Chapman on Channing Tatum!!!!!!!  Stop this piece of shit before he pollutes the screens any more!

V: Uneasy Lies The Head (Article) - 3/5/2011 9:01:11 AM

the writing is still bad and makes for some akward scenes but overall it's starting to find a path.  I have no hope whatsoever that this show will be renewed for another season and I'm okay with that.  The sad truth is that my love for the original and my love for the super hot girls in this version are the reasons I keep watching, but I don't watch the broadcast to contribute to the ratings, I dl illegally because I don't see value yet.  I don't know whats going on in the world today but girls north of 40 are killing the 20somethings right now!  Way hotter and way better at handling themselves.  The advantage of youth in hollywood is fast disapearing!!!

WISH'S MANIACAL PERSONA