All wish's Comments

Showing items 1,051 - 1,060 of 1,199

Captain America's Shield Throwing (Article) - 3/22/2011 3:24:14 PM

This is looking like it's gonna be one of the year's best!  Chris Evans is awesome, always has been!  I'm glad he's getting a top job!  Supporting cast to kill for!  Exciting!

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/22/2011 1:51:15 PM

"You mean so same medical resources that I would be paying for or if Obama care goes through that I'll be paying taxes for? Or are you going to support letting people die because they didn't live life according to your vision of utopia?"

"Another piece of advice...education and reading are fundamental. I strongly suggest you invest in both."

The first sentence: Improper use of the word "so".  Missing a question mark after the word "for" indicating a general lack of understanding of the proper use of punctuation in a sentence.  The word "or" should be the beginning of a new sentence, requiring the substitution of "that I'll" in favour of " the medical services I'll" to reiterate what it is that you will be paying for.  There should be an "a"  or "thier" between "live" and "life".  The final sentence should have a comma after "advice" and doesn't require a period after "fundamental" which would negate the need for an addtional sentence and clarify what "both" you are referring to.

I'll get right on that reading and education thing.

Denying a lung transplant to a life-long smoker in favour of a child with cystic fibrosis is not a vision of utopia, it's fukking fair.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/22/2011 11:12:11 AM

And for you sarcastic caveman, I quite like seeing your posts as we tend to agree on most things entertainment so for that alone I hope you make different choices and stick around as long as possible.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/22/2011 11:07:47 AM

Oh shit!  I just realised I misinterpreted everything you posted.  You're right, I'm wrong, sorry 'bout that.  No hard feelings right?

No kids afer 40?  blaming the collapse of society on reality tv?  who's on first?  You make about as much cents as a peso.  Do whatever you want man, live how you want and eat what you want.  Just make sure that when you are dying from a massive coronary you tell the bystanders not to phone 911 and waste valuable medical resources on you because you made the choice to die that way a long time ago in the name of freedom.

And please stop trying to say that my expression of belief is somehow a threat to your freedom of choice.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/22/2011 7:25:43 AM

most of that rant was in response to Hobbs and his post which appears to have been removed

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/22/2011 7:18:45 AM

How about I just keep saying and posting whatever I want?  ALL your assumptions are wrong by the way, I'm not a liberal, not young  and never feel misguided when pointing out obvious truths like "eating healthy and excercising is good for you and will help you live longer"  I understand that not everyone wants to live a long and healthy life (sounds weird to even write it)  And how about you stop calling other people dumb or misguided and start learning the definitions of some of the words you use.  Is it an assumption that that the U.S.A. is the most obese country in the world, or is that a fact?  Is it an assumtion that people dying of extreme obesity aren't happy?  Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and assume that one.  I know you think you're speaking about freedom of choice, but you're actually defending dangerous lifestyle habits.  Maybe you should advocate smoking too!  A little crack use never hurt anyone right?  How about some un-protected sex to spread HIV a little further.  Food additction is the top un-diagnosed addiction in the world and we North Americans are choosing to blissfully ignore it.  You want to act all high and mighty, like you've figured it all out, but you clearly think it's more important to do what you want rather than what is right.  Do the world a favour and get sterilized so you don't pass your dumb ass logic on to the next generation of shorter life-spanned over-eaters.  As for you caveman, it's not an assumption but rather a true fact that 40% of men over the age of 40 have experienced erectile difficulties, that gets even higher amongst overweight men so lets see you even try to go out like that.   OH WAIT!  I forgot that they make pills for that now......nevermind.......consume away!!!

I apologize to everyone reading these for dragging this out but I don't like being called dumb when the point I try to make keeps getting missed.  Overeating and obesity have little or no difference to excessive drinking and drug addictions only we choose to ignore it because we need to eat to survive.  Advocating the freedom to choose to over-eat and die obese is the same as saying it's okay to drink to death or shoot heroin until you waste away to nothing and I just happen to think that's wrong.  Oh sorry, I'm assuming that's wrong, please correct me Hobbs.

Back to the other point, these movies will kick ass, and I happen to agree with you yet again caveman that the lovely bones was boring as shit regardless of how good it looked or whatever.

One final thing, is it wrong to worry about how someone else lives thier life?  Ask your parents, friends, wives/girlfriends or children and see if the "are you retarded?"  look they give you helps to answer that question.  The fact that most of the major television networks are airing some sort of reality "lose weight" or "kick the habit" programs should be a hint that there are alarming trends in today's society regarding both issues.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/21/2011 6:48:38 PM

All I can say to that is if it were easy to make the choices to live and eat healthy everybody would be, including you.  And I totally agree about the shitty pile of reboots and remakes we are guaranteed to have to live through be it a short or long time.  I wasn't looking for an admission but since you mentioned, the difference between an assumption and an educated guess can be measured by success.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/21/2011 4:05:46 PM

I won't apologize for being honest and speaking my mind.  That's my opinion on people who are lazy and careless.  You say it's okay for people to eat whatever they want and be 300 pounds?  I say it isn't, the health risks aside, there are a lot of extremely overweight people who think that the public should cater to thier needs and not charge them for that extra seat on the plane or bus, or treat them different at clothing stores when the right size doesn't exist.  Hey let's spend several million dollars expanding those doorways so all the extra large people don't have to struggle to get through!  Put it this way, I'd rather you all be offended than continue to be the most obese country on the planet with a next generation predicted to have a shorter lifespan because of the "eat whatever you want/weigh as much as you want" mentality.  I'm not a nazi, but I am Canadian and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some Americans call it all the same.

I'll finish by saying I'm sorry to have offended you so much, I guess we know which maniacs need to lose a few pounds.  But my main concern is not physical beauty, but health and longevity, I do believe I stated that in my first post.  You really think people who eat whatever they want and weigh 300lbs are happy?  Go to the extended care wing of any hospital and visit them, dying at 35 with no mobility and struggling to lift their chest to get a breath, waiting for a new heart so they can keep shoveling it down.

"if someone wants to eat hamburgers all day and weigh 300lbs, more power to them"  Any person who states this and calls someone esle's post the dumbest all day really needs to think before they type.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/21/2011 9:34:37 AM

Jackson was always a fat fukk, he lost the weight during KING KONG and not an ounce before!  When he accepted the oscar in 2004 he looked like a fat bearded video store clerk in a suit!!  I'm glad he made the change because he's one of the most talented filmakers of all-time and I want him to be healthy and productive for as long as possible.  I hate to judge but I've always found it hard to have respect for successfull people who can't seem to apply the same approach to thier health that they do to thier craft.  It's like, "oh you can direct a fantastic film, write an amazing story or song but you can't eat right and excercise?"   I know thats probably a sore spot for a lot of people (especially us north americans!)  but it's true.  Glad to hear about the start of production on these films and I'm glad Peter Jackson appears to be in good health so he can just keep on going after this and give us more amazing films!!!!   I wish he and Kevin Smith had been in a competition or something because Smith is one disgustingly fat dude with a helluva talent for film but zero desire to look good or feel good, because I'm sure being kicked off a plane for being too fat can't feel good no matter how rich you are!!!

Costner Confirmed for SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/18/2011 3:56:50 PM

Every piece is so important, and they locked a solid one down with Kevin Costner, one of the greatest american entertainers of all-time.

WISH'S MANIACAL PERSONA