All wish's Comments

Showing items 1,051 - 1,060 of 1,193

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/21/2011 6:48:38 PM

All I can say to that is if it were easy to make the choices to live and eat healthy everybody would be, including you.  And I totally agree about the shitty pile of reboots and remakes we are guaranteed to have to live through be it a short or long time.  I wasn't looking for an admission but since you mentioned, the difference between an assumption and an educated guess can be measured by success.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/21/2011 4:05:46 PM

I won't apologize for being honest and speaking my mind.  That's my opinion on people who are lazy and careless.  You say it's okay for people to eat whatever they want and be 300 pounds?  I say it isn't, the health risks aside, there are a lot of extremely overweight people who think that the public should cater to thier needs and not charge them for that extra seat on the plane or bus, or treat them different at clothing stores when the right size doesn't exist.  Hey let's spend several million dollars expanding those doorways so all the extra large people don't have to struggle to get through!  Put it this way, I'd rather you all be offended than continue to be the most obese country on the planet with a next generation predicted to have a shorter lifespan because of the "eat whatever you want/weigh as much as you want" mentality.  I'm not a nazi, but I am Canadian and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some Americans call it all the same.

I'll finish by saying I'm sorry to have offended you so much, I guess we know which maniacs need to lose a few pounds.  But my main concern is not physical beauty, but health and longevity, I do believe I stated that in my first post.  You really think people who eat whatever they want and weigh 300lbs are happy?  Go to the extended care wing of any hospital and visit them, dying at 35 with no mobility and struggling to lift their chest to get a breath, waiting for a new heart so they can keep shoveling it down.

"if someone wants to eat hamburgers all day and weigh 300lbs, more power to them"  Any person who states this and calls someone esle's post the dumbest all day really needs to think before they type.

HOBBIT Production Officially Begins (Article) - 3/21/2011 9:34:37 AM

Jackson was always a fat fukk, he lost the weight during KING KONG and not an ounce before!  When he accepted the oscar in 2004 he looked like a fat bearded video store clerk in a suit!!  I'm glad he made the change because he's one of the most talented filmakers of all-time and I want him to be healthy and productive for as long as possible.  I hate to judge but I've always found it hard to have respect for successfull people who can't seem to apply the same approach to thier health that they do to thier craft.  It's like, "oh you can direct a fantastic film, write an amazing story or song but you can't eat right and excercise?"   I know thats probably a sore spot for a lot of people (especially us north americans!)  but it's true.  Glad to hear about the start of production on these films and I'm glad Peter Jackson appears to be in good health so he can just keep on going after this and give us more amazing films!!!!   I wish he and Kevin Smith had been in a competition or something because Smith is one disgustingly fat dude with a helluva talent for film but zero desire to look good or feel good, because I'm sure being kicked off a plane for being too fat can't feel good no matter how rich you are!!!

Costner Confirmed for SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/18/2011 3:56:50 PM

Every piece is so important, and they locked a solid one down with Kevin Costner, one of the greatest american entertainers of all-time.

Snyder Updates on SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/17/2011 11:07:09 AM

Tim Burton's Batman is an origin movie, they just didn't delve too deeply into it.  Batman arrives on the scene in Gotham quite suddenly, nobody knows who he is and they explain it all in flashbacks later in the film.  His parents are killed by a young goon who ends up becoming the Joker.  The next 3 films were a continuation of that universe until the reboot in 2005.

I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, I just think an origin with this reboot would be the right thing to do and I have a feeling that it's the direction Zack will go.  I know I would want to tell my own origin story if I had the chance to start a new Superman franchise.

All I'm saying is I would rather be open to any and all possibilites in the hopes of getting a good superman movie, rather than become pessimistic if the story doesn't go in the direction I want it to.  Origin stories have usually been the best part of any franchise.

Snyder Updates on SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/17/2011 8:46:30 AM

Origin story haters need to realize that people were asking for the same thing when Batman Begins was announced, and that movie was certainly not boring or a mistake so relax and let these guys do their jobs.  It's been over 30yrs since the origin of Superman was told so I think it's about time to do it again.  WIth regard to the Incredible Hulk, it was only 4yrs so yeah, skip the intro, but look at spiderman, they are doing the high school thing again so it's obvious that with most reboots, the idea is to tell a different origin and set the stage for a new franchise.  I don't care what they do as long as it's good, but I hope some of you don't get too hung up on the no origin thing because it really can be the best part of any superhero's story.  The more I hear of this the more I think they can't get away from telling a new origin, the casting of a youngish Martha and the rumours of Costner as Pa, these folks aren't seniors so it only makes sense that even if they do appear as older folks at some point in the movie, the casting idea is geared toward showing them as younger adults with perhaps a toddler or teenage Clark.  The Fact that the leading man is only 27 also tells me that they want to show a beginning to his life as a superhero.  All I can say is trust Zack and Chris to give us the best Superman since the 70's!!

V: Mother's Day (Article) - 3/16/2011 11:31:39 PM

I can't see this being continued, though it would be good if they got a finite amount of ep's to close it out so that they could continue with a high pace.  Cleary this is a poorly written show with little or no direction in the overall scheme, but they sure put a show on with this one!  I don't think it'll be enough to save it but it was interesting to see a show really pour it on at the last minute to keep the hope alive that it could be a good show afterall!

For the episode....well they seemed to answer to some of the fan's critical view of certain characters, and apart from Diana (still smokin' hot!) they killed off the worst and most hated characters which will no doubt, should the show continue, have drastic consequences for Erica.  Though we play the waiting game with ABC, I'd be curious to know how the actors feel about this show and it's future, I find it a little hard to believe that some of these talented people are totally satisfied with what this series has done with 22 episodes.  Just the same I'm sure there would be a few casting changes made if it were to continue.

RED DAWN Villains Changed (Article) - 3/16/2011 10:43:42 AM

With the cold war of the 80's in full effect, the original was actually relevant.  The threat of invasion or even grand scale war is just not plausible anymore. You wanna fukk a country over?  Hit 'em in the wallet, that's the approach to modern warfare, this remake is total bullshit, fukk I wish kids from the 80's would stop pitching movie ideas!!!!

V: Devil in a Blue Dress (Article) - 3/10/2011 10:27:02 AM

dude above: I understand your frustrations, but these comments are for people to share their opinions, good and bad.  I personally watch this show because I want it to be good and I want it to get better and I really like most of the actors but the sad truth is.......it's written in a way that makes a lot of scenes akward and emabarassing, it's not poorly acted at all, it's just hard for some of the great actors to deliver thier lines with honesty and it shows.  The story and direction feel like it's being re-written after every episode and it's hard to see the sense in where they are going with it, BUT I want to see an ending to the whole thing so I hope it gets at least  a shortened third season to wrap it all up or perhaps a mini series or tv movie.

It probably should've been cancelled a long time ago but I'll keep watching AND posting what I think about it for as long as it is on the air.  In all fairness, its gonna be hard for any show to receive an update and be both relevant and quality for most of us fans after the amazing re-think on Battlestar Galactica!!!  Perspective changes everything!

McKellen Spots Bilbo in 3D (Article) - 3/9/2011 4:17:00 PM

Ha Ha laserdisc!  I can't believe the shit they've pulled on us!

WISH'S MANIACAL PERSONA