All wrrlykam's Comments

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/5/2009 12:22:20 PM

Is that boy wearing a cape?

McKellen Eager for HOBBIT (Article) - 9/25/2009 11:30:05 AM

No problem with Tolkien additional materials, not happy with the stuff Jackson made up stuff. Just didn't like the changes to the story that Jackson did to add his bits. Denethor running in flames off Minas Tirith, the psi-control had on Theoden etc.

I wonder where they would make the break on the first film.

Before Beorn?

After Mirkwood?

A difficult call perhaps.

McKellen Eager for HOBBIT (Article) - 9/25/2009 5:48:10 AM

Smog must the chain smoking cousin of Smaug.

I'm not sure I like the idea of splitting the movie in half. It sounds like they are going to pad it out with Jacksonism again.

FLASH FORWARD's First 18 Minutes (Article) - 9/24/2009 2:19:53 AM

Only available in the United States . . . .

5 Must Have Childhood Toy Guns (Article) - 9/21/2009 9:25:41 AM

Has to be Dredd's Lawgiver or Logan 5's Sandman pistol. Failing that the Space 1999 staple gun.

Did anyone mention Winona? A Standard PK Pulse Pistol.

There is a printer friendly version of the M41a Pulse Rifle for card model makers out there.

7 Classic Characters Whored Out By Hollywood (Article) - 9/14/2009 10:55:34 AM

Captain! I protest! I am NOT a merry man!

Jeff Bridges Joining TRUE GRIT (Article) - 9/14/2009 12:31:24 AM

[quote] The original told the story from Cogburn's point of view, but the new version will work from the viewpoint of the girl. [/quote]

What? Are we talking about the same film? Last time I watched True Grit it seemed to me to be to focusing on Mattie Ross.

PONYO Review (Article) - 8/18/2009 3:07:32 PM

Straight in to number 9 at the weekend box office. Not bad for just 927 cinimas.

Grave of the Fireflies (Article) - 8/18/2009 2:59:28 PM

GotF is such a had film to watch a second time. I agree with DangermouseZilla a joy to watch but heartbreaking.

PONYO Review (Article) - 8/17/2009 8:02:53 AM

It is sad but us in Blighty will not get to see Ponyo until the 12 February 2010, six months from now.

Definately let down by Optimum and Madman this time. Even Turkey has got it. On IMDB we are listed as the last one to have it.

My theory for this situation is . . .The City of London has been trying to get 2 million pounds off the US Goverment for traffic congestion charges that they say that the Embassy owes the city. The US Adminstration  has said no they wont pay it and London has gone public with the story.

I guess that the US must have started an anime embargo against Britain because of it. The next thing you know the Russians will be installing missles here.

WRRLYKAM'S MANIACAL PERSONA