All wrrlykam's Comments

MIGHTY MOUSE Returns (Article) - 4/18/2010 9:46:05 AM

Sounds cheesy to me.

11 Other People In Movies Who Have Risen From the Dead (Article) - 4/2/2010 2:19:49 AM

Erm . . .where is E.T. ? Should he be on the list rather than number 8 The bride who was in a Coma and not quite dead? Pehaps up there at number 2 with his other white robed friend Gandalf.

11 Other People In Movies Who Have Risen From the Dead (Article) - 4/2/2010 1:14:21 AM

A nit-pik I know but number 4 should be titled:  The Monster - Frankenstein.

JUDGE DREDD (Image) - 3/31/2010 1:45:40 PM

A neat and Dredd shot. Why do I get a 'rainy night in Mega City One' impressions?

Can't wait for more info on the movie, things seem a little vague still.

6 Most Racist Casting Decisions in Film History (Article) - 3/31/2010 1:39:56 AM

Connery is Scotish, Brosnan is Irish. I think some of the comments were being mildly ironic. It becomes easy to keep subdividing down from race in to smaller and smaller differences, race-country-county-town-street-hair colour-height-weight-etc. Often an excuse to blame others for our own misfourtunes, or to perpetuate hate.

Personally I take each person I meet and treat them as I would want to be treated regard less of differences. If people respond the same, fantatstic good on them, if not shame on them. Why should I act like them?

Looking at Mickie R's character, Mr. Yunioshi, in BaT, I find it embarrasing to watch and offensive by today's standards, I know it was a product of its time, funny foriegn guy with funny accent. As a five year old watching it on TV, I thought it was funny, now I don't. It would be nice to think that Producers and Writers were pasted using this sort of stereotyping,but it still happens. Not quite as much as they used to so one day perhaps. (Question: was the character in Capote's novella? Not read the original.) That said, the creators are on record for wishing they hadn't portrayed this character in this way.

6 Degrees From The Clash to Clash of the Titans (Article) - 3/31/2010 1:03:12 AM

What no Kevin Bacon in this 6 degrees?

6 Most Racist Casting Decisions in Film History (Article) - 3/29/2010 9:31:21 AM

Only 2 Bond actors out of 6 were English. Next thing you know Hollywood will cast an American as Robin Hood.

I remember Ursula Le Guin not being too happy with any of the Earthsea productions due to racial miscasting.

HOBBIT Start Unknown (Article) - 3/29/2010 9:22:18 AM

Fell like I've been there and back again while waiting.

10 Greatest Anime Detectives (Article) - 3/26/2010 2:16:18 PM

Nice to see Zenigata on the list. He is great at the detecting part just not the catching.

How about Section 2 Division 2: Captain of Division 2 of SV.2. Captain Kiichi Goto (Patlabor)? One cool dude to send out on a case.

10 Anime Cancelled Before Their Time (Article) - 3/19/2010 1:12:22 AM

@Hectotane: Thanks. That would explain it.. I thought someone had deleted a previous comment or something.

WRRLYKAM'S MANIACAL PERSONA