All wrrlykam's Comments

Darth Vader TV Specials? (Article) - 10/22/2013 4:42:21 AM

The Ewok Love Festival returns, SOE could not kill it off.

Fantastic Voyage Blu-ray Review (Article) - 10/21/2013 1:41:39 AM

"Shut up and take my money!"

Two weeks until it is out in the UK.

LOST DOCTOR WHO EPISODES Available (Article) - 10/11/2013 3:22:23 PM

@Wyldstaar - Yeah agreed, they really laid it on thick that nothing in the report was true. From a statement back in June.

A BRIEF STATEMENT.

T.I.E.A DOES NOT HOLD ANY MISSING EPISODES OF THE LONG RUNNING DR WHO SERIES. THE ORIGINAL VIDEO TAPES WERE WIPED SUBSEQUENT FILM COPIES WERE EITHER RETURNED TO THE BBC AND SENT TO LANDFILL ODD FRAGMENTS HAVE SURFACED TWO EPISODES ON 16MM FILM BUT THATS IT. THE PROGRAMMES IN QUESTION LIKE MANY OTHERS WERE DESTROYED AS THEY HAD NO FURTHER COMMERCIAL VALUE. THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END.I am sorry if this upsets some people but these are the facts. I have also become aware of the tracking of some of our clients shipments these are local cultural materials sent to us for migration to a modern format as the playback equipment in the country of origin no longer exists and as such is the best road to preserve international cultural heritage .I will be making no more statements on this subject.

Philip MORRIS Executive director T.i.e.a

Hmm, 'Smoke and Mirrors' me thinks.

Bought The Web of Fear and the video transfer looks very good, at least on my laptop screen in set on full screen.

I must say I'm torn between "yeah!" I can get it now and "Oh" this could have been a great viewing as part 50th anniversary programming in a few months.

LOST DOCTOR WHO EPISODES Available (Article) - 10/11/2013 8:36:44 AM

May be 'completed' isnot quite true of the Web of Fear but better one recreated audio slideshow episode than none at all.

LOST DOCTOR WHO EPISODES Available (Article) - 10/11/2013 8:24:18 AM

The BBC flatly denied that any Doctor Who material was on those tapes from Nigeria. Now it turns out someone at the Beeb was lying. Anyway is is fantastic to have two completed lost stories available a great treat in the dawdle up to 50th anniversay..

Clone Wars Season 5: Boxset Trailer (Article) - 10/9/2013 10:11:30 AM

. . .but what about the missing final episodes . . .

Mania Box Office Report: Gravity Rises (Article) - 10/7/2013 7:07:38 AM

Going to have to wait until Nov 8th for the UK release of Gravity.

The Fall of '83: Brainstorm (Article) - 10/2/2013 12:40:25 AM

Still waiting, as there has been no native UK DVD/BR release so far only  the 'grey' imported of the US version. It has been years since i saw it, it's long due for another viewing.

The Fly 1958 Blu-ray Review (Article) - 9/21/2013 10:02:28 AM

Neat. Looking forward to the two other Fox classic BDs to hit the UK in November; Fantastic Voyage and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Review (Article) - 9/19/2013 10:10:51 AM

The Tenth Planet is due out in November on DVD. That will bookend my Harnell collection very nicely.

As for comparing the animation, it has been a while since I watched Invasion. I was impressed with the lip sync on IW, but over all it was OK with just one or two 'Noggin the Nog' arm movements. Even if the animation is basic is better than just listening to a sound track and a few stills.

A solid story that brought back happy memories. . It reminds me of ham and beetroot sandwiches on a Saturday afternoon and sitting watching the Doctor's adventures with my Dad. Although I didn't like having to sit and watch the football results first.

WRRLYKAM'S MANIACAL PERSONA