All wsblackadder's Comments

Mania's Mediocre Madness: Star Wars Region (Article) - 3/17/2011 5:58:28 AM

Flash is a way better movie then Tron legacy.  The only thing T:L has going for it is 2010 effects (That was not anything really new or awe moments)  otherwise just an uninspired rehash of the original.  ( now if it was Flash vs the original Tron) .  I'd have to go with Tron.

Bodrov Takes Spook's Apprentice (Article) - 5/14/2010 6:03:32 AM

who is Sergei Bodrov ??

10 Board Game Movies That Should Never Be Made (Article) - 4/30/2010 4:36:50 AM

I'd green light them all !!  I'd probably see all of them if they were made.   Although, ants in the pants  would probably be "National Lampoons presents:  Ants in the pants"  :p

HE-MAN Gets PREDATORS Writers (Article) - 4/12/2010 4:27:24 PM

He-man really needs to be done in the fashion of Beowulf / FInal Fantasy .

5 DC Heroes That Should Live Outside Continuity (Article) - 4/8/2010 6:08:28 PM

Taking these characters out of continuity  (the DCU) gives them more freedom to do whatever they want with their environment.  Just because DC owns a character, doesn't mean they all have to 'live in the same world'.  Like he said,   Aquaman isn't impressive in 'our/theDC world'  where not much goes bad under the sea.  But  if Aquaman had his own world, where things did occur at sea,  obviously more could be done with the character.  (it's not like he's really an integral part of the DC universe)

The Prisoner: Schizoid/Checkmate Review (Article) - 11/22/2009 6:56:12 AM

Having seen the original I was interested to see how they would remake it .  Whether a straight (yet updated retelling),  or some new varient w/ hints of the original.   They went the second way, and to me,  didn't come close to thrill of the original.    Since the original isn't  a show most people have seen  a remake w/ updated visuals would have been perfect.    In this version,  I think they overcomplicated the plot  with too much 'family/relationship'  BS,  and not enough action (trying to escape) ,

SUPERMAN: SECRET ORIGIN #2 Review (Article) - 11/3/2009 6:30:00 PM

Gary Frank is the wrong artist to draw teens..   unless you like your teens to look geriatric in the face.

Our 10 Batman 3 Villains Casting Call (Article) - 7/30/2009 4:07:23 PM

First, most of the choices are pretty good, and obvious.  (exception, Rourke as Croc...  interesting)  In Nolan's world though Croc would have to be more 'human'  (tattooed scales?) .  due to the more realistic world this version of Batman lives in.  (which  I've enjoyed the TV series (camp) and Burton's (fantasy) worlds.... BUT Nolan's realistic take is my favorite.   Due to the fact, that what makes Batman so cool , is he 'could' exist in reality (where every other superhero couldn't ) .

Zooey Deschanel   I could see as Harley Q.     but not as catwoman.   (Also, I think Mark Paul Gossler would be a good Joker replacement..  hell yeah Saved by the Bell!! :p )

also Gary Oldman is so badass he could play 2 characters :p

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/27/2009 7:51:30 AM

first,  Serinda Swan, is mine!! you back off Rob ;)

2nd, just to get it off my chest...   the fact that Kent does not fly, has pissed me off from the first episode i watched of smallville.   So that lil comment  on the rooftop about "it's not like i can fly",  really steamed me.

but otherwise I thought Welling's straight man comedy on the rooftop was decent. (i'd have to watch again to see if it was just what he was saying (the writing)  or if his dry delivery added to it)

also on your 'the bad' parts  .. Most every villian is dealt with within the hour.  So a lot of the story is rushed (just told to the audience)  to fit it in the episode.  its typical of the entire series.    I really wish smallville had more of a lost or heroes feel to it.  Epic, instead of episodic (one-shots).  Filler episodes,  instead of moving to milestone.

THE PHANTOM at SCI FI (Article) - 3/23/2009 1:13:57 PM

As long as they take it serious. NOT like Sci-fi's horrible weekly movies.   (though RHI usually does a good job.)    I could kind of see this as a new 'Hercules/Xena"  type show.   But I like the idea of a maxi-series.  So the story moves along to a point (without a bunch of "filler" episodes).

The main thing though is the outfit has to be redone.  (while I'm kind of tired of the all Black (see x-men) outfits)   The Purple tights in the jungle makes no sense.

WSBLACKADDER'S MANIACAL PERSONA