All zathras6767's Comments

del Toro for Slaughterhouse-Five? (Article) - 7/15/2013 7:35:49 PM

If this film focuses on the beings of Tralfamador more than Billy Pilgrim,or suggest that they put Pilgrim in his situation,the message of the original novel will be lessened,in my opinion.George Roy Hill's version stands as the best.

Top 5 Kaiju Throwdowns (Article) - 7/15/2013 7:14:31 PM

I always loved the miniature effects combined with the 'Suit-Mation' & music on display in 'Mothra Vs. Godzilla (1964)' along with 'Godzilla X Mechagodzilla (2002).

In Memoriam: Richard Matheson (Article) - 6/27/2013 4:18:27 AM

'The Shrinking Man' was the first SF novel I ever read.A classic.His work on the 'The Twilight Zone' cannot be overstated.His work with Roger Corman was memorable.He will be missed.

Mania Review: Man of Steel (Article) - 6/21/2013 7:27:19 PM

Wiseguy,my best friend & saw 'MOS' in Imax 3-D.At the very end of the film,I told him I needed a day or two to process what I'd just seen.It was THAT good.

Lost Doctor Who Episodes Found?! (Article) - 6/21/2013 6:41:45 PM

Everybody thought Fritz Lang's original version of 'Metropolis was lost forever,but it was finally found in Argentina.If something like that can happen,I believe anything is possible.

Mania Review: Man of Steel (Article) - 6/14/2013 11:07:21 AM

Raa2001,I tend not to trust opinions from people who had to go to school & get a diploma that 'qualifys' them to love or hate something with authority.I won't be seeing it till saturday,but I trust the common man's opinion anyday.The fans seem to love it,so there you are.

A Timeline History of Superman: Part 3 (Article) - 6/12/2013 1:50:36 PM

HomestarRunner,I thought that nothing could rival Alexander Courage or Jerry Goldsmith with a 'Star Trek' theme,but Michael Giacchino did.I haven't heard the score for 'Man Of Steel'yet (waiting till I see the movie Saturday!),but there is the possibilty that Hans Zimmer could deliver,don't you think?.

A Timeline History of Superman: Part 3 (Article) - 6/12/2013 1:45:38 PM

Like 'Close Encounters','Superman''s product placement was done tastefully,though not always subtly,giving the films a sense of 'reality'.I always thought the scene in 'CE3K',where the UFO shines it's light on the 'Big Mac' billboard was funny.

A Timeline History of Superman: Part 3 (Article) - 6/12/2013 1:38:11 PM

DarkXid,nice reference to Larry Niven's 'Man Of Stel,woman of kleenex'.

Getaway: Official Trailer (Article) - 6/9/2013 5:46:46 PM

They had better not have acquired that Shelby just to destroy it onscreen!!.

ZATHRAS6767'S MANIACAL PERSONA