All ztigr's Comments

Mania Box Office Report: Too Fast To Catch (Article) - 5/28/2013 5:05:14 PM

Well,  the good news for Star Trek is it is doing better in the foreign box office than its predescessor.  The bad news is its still far from the success of other franchises.

Mania Review: Star Trek: Into Darkness (Article) - 5/17/2013 12:52:57 PM

Yup the lens flares were still there, and they are the only annoying thing about the movie.  The rest is very good and I think a small step up from 2009.  A lot of canon loving Trekkies are hating on it, but they aren't so many compared to the rest of the Trek fans, and no one cares about them hidden away in their mom's basement anyway.  I really dont' understand their thinking?  They'd rather have those low budget good movie mixed in with really really bad movie films that Paramount was always threatening to cancel, or this new interesting take on the Trek universe.  BTW transwarp teleportation is straight out of the original Trek.  Or doesn't anyone remember the failed pilot Assigment Earth?

TOP TEN PLOT TWISTS IN STAR TREK HISTORY (Article) - 5/14/2013 5:40:32 PM

Got my double feature pass for tomorrow night, yeehah!!   btw Leonard Nimoy did originally ask for Spock to be killed off in TWOK, but changed his mind.  My thought was :  What if Spock didn't come back and JJ was able to get him for the Reboot, what a coup that would have been.  I know its not the Trek I grew up with, but on the other hand, its not STV or Insurrection either.

Caine joins Interstellar (Article) - 5/7/2013 6:35:24 PM

I like Caine in most everything he does.  Its funny, growing up you had to like everything that was Fantasy/Scifi, because there wasn't much....nowadays you practically get something new every week.

Cruise Signs for MI5 (Article) - 5/7/2013 6:33:44 PM

Last one was really good, I just rewatched it the other day.  I hope Remmer and Pegg are back for this one.

Hamill talks Episode VII (Article) - 5/6/2013 3:15:23 PM

Waah  wahh wahhh , sounds more like a Wookie....

Pacific Rim Official Wondercon Trailer (Article) - 4/30/2013 1:40:57 PM

Am I the only one here who is going to see this because Charlie is in it?

Star Trek Into Darkness Clip: I Allow It (Article) - 4/29/2013 8:23:20 AM

This clip gives a huge hint that he is Khan.  The Botany Bay had ...dah dah dah dahhhhh 72 people on board...yup 72!

Mania Box Office Report: Iron Man 3 - World Numbers (Article) - 4/29/2013 8:18:51 AM

The strategy is that foreign markets follow word of mouth from the US.  If US audiences don't like a movie, and then it gets released overseas, its more likely to do bad there too.  However, US audiences don't follow word of mouth from overseas, if a movie does bad overseas, it may be a big hit in the US.  Therefore its a safe play to launch overseas first.  There are several exceptions to this strategy, but it is the safe play.

Star Trek Into Darkness Viral Video - Disruptions (Article) - 4/22/2013 8:30:36 AM

Read an interesting take that the character is actually an evil version of Jean Luc Picard, which would be a good match for what we've seen and heard so far.  Picard is someone you could actually view as an equal to Kirk in many ways.  I'm not saying it is , just an interesting take.

ZTIGR'S MANIACAL PERSONA